Fly Fusion Forums

A Quest For An "oddity"..

Hi, It's sure amazing how stuff is depended on. Why not use what you got already! with the amount of gas-olin, driven around, you could of bought more dubbien crap!

My 2 cents worth... :ppirattee:

depend upon?....lady..neither one of us know each other, but if you did..you would learn very fast that I depend on no one..Man, Woman or Beast..and because ur statement has rubbed me in the wrong way...I'll shut this site off for quite a while..you have a nice day.....Wolfie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depend upon?....lady..neither one of us know each other, but if you did..you would learn very fast that I depend on no one..Man, Woman or Beast..and because ur statement has rubbed me in the wrong way...I'll shut this site off for quite a while..you have a nice day.....Wolfie

hi, very good then... !

Easy Kids.... Now everyone take a breather.............. OK, that's better.

HI. wow what was that all about!!! Ewwwzzzza.....

I had this ol fart of a fisherman teach me many things about fly fishing and fly tying.. he was soooo oh my god unbeliveable.... He said if anything was used out of nature the fish would know. like the wax, stuff like that the fishies wuld pick it out.. I dont know but I use what I already have and its cheaper .... I was only giving my tow scents worth...

I am sooo glad no one knows what I look like on the river.. there is many wackos out there in this world....

This summer I was out fishing on the Bow River.. minding my own business.... this guy comes up to me looks like a freindly fellow.. he comes up to me and Pushes me down... in the water... I got up getting my footing slowly get outta the water .. he was just standing there.. I dont know why I did it but I got out and started to pick up some rocks ane chased him throwing the rocks at him.. I got in a few times.. but there are soo many weird people out there. I have been on this board for sometime.. there's many great people here I have had some great guys help me with other things other then fishing One great thing about this board it's a learning tool..

Thanks to eveyone out there..

FFW... Ps Wolfie.. If I over stepped I am sorry.... take care...

HI. wow what was that all about!!! Ewwwzzzza.....

I had this ol fart of a fisherman teach me many things about fly fishing and fly tying.. he was soooo oh my god unbeliveable.... He said if anything was used out of nature the fish would know. like the wax, stuff like that the fishies wuld pick it out.. I dont know but I use what I already have and its cheaper .... I was only giving my tow scents worth...

I am sooo glad no one knows what I look like on the river.. there is many wackos out there in this world....

This summer I was out fishing on the Bow River.. minding my own business.... this guy comes up to me looks like a freindly fellow.. he comes up to me and Pushes me down... in the water... I got up getting my footing slowly get outta the water .. he was just standing there.. I dont know why I did it but I got out and started to pick up some rocks ane chased him throwing the rocks at him.. I got in a few times.. but there are soo many weird people out there. I have been on this board for sometime.. there's many great people here I have had some great guys help me with other things other then fishing One great thing about this board it's a learning tool..

No it is I who am sorry for reacting in that fashion..had a very big thing happen here to me in my personal life and was wound up about it , saw ur post and ...well Bob is ur uncle..I know better, cause ppl here try and help always..M'Lady..I'm sorry...and if I saw that situation when a guy pushed u into the water..both Nikita and I would have more than words with him..there is NO ..respect nor tolerance when a man uses force on a woman, for I was taught by the best....my parents................Wolfie

No it is I who am sorry for reacting in that fashion..had a very big thing happen here to me in my personal life and was wound up about it , saw ur post and ...well Bob is ur uncle..I know better, cause ppl here try and help always..M'Lady..I'm sorry...and if I saw that situation when a guy pushed u into the water..both Nikita and I would have more than words with him..there is NO ..respect nor tolerance when a man uses force on a woman, for I was taught by the best....my parents................Wolfie

Hi, I know... thanks..

Guest girlsfishtoo

FlyFisherWoman, Wow reading about your unfortunate experience got my blood boiling :angry:! I am sorry that happened to you. So because you are a woman and enjoy fly-fishing that gave that JERK or should I say chauvinistic a^^ h**# the right to do that?? If you don't mind me asking, was he fishing or just a weirdo :wacko: lurking around the river?

sooo glad no one knows what I look like on the river.. there is many wackos out there in this world....

This summer I was out fishing on the Bow River.. minding my own business.... this guy comes up to me looks like a freindly fellow.. he comes up to me and Pushes me down... in the water... I got up getting my footing slowly get outta the water .. he was just standing there.. I dont know why I did it but I got out and started to pick up some rocks ane chased him throwing the rocks at him.. I got in a few times.. but there are soo many weird people out there.

Wow! Must have been very scary! What section of the river was it? I heard 17 Ave and downtown can be dangerous at times. I'd start carry a wading staff with a carbide tip.

FlyFisherWoman, Wow reading about your unfortunate experience got my blood boiling :angry:! I am sorry that happened to you. So because you are a woman and enjoy fly-fishing that gave that JERK or should I say chauvinistic a^^ h**# the right to do that?? If you don't mind me asking, was he fishing or just a weirdo :wacko: lurking around the river?

Hi girl,I was at that spot for a while walking up stream moving up. He was moving up when I moved.. at first I never thought anything of it but did wonder what he was doing and what..you know...???? That guy was just standing on the shore. He was smoking a cig, he stood there for sometime watching me at the bank, I thought he was going to come up to me and yack.. I get many people come up to me and chat. many are woman..asking questions of this and that. I could see something was wrong with him right away as soon as he stood beside me.. he gave me one hell of a push out, and I lost my balance.. down I went. thank god I didn't hurt myself.. I could of twisted my leg or something.. I was soaking wet. he walked away THERE he said.. B----

I was stunned. I got up didn't really know what to do, but I did decide to get out of the water and started to pick up some rocks.. I don't know what I would of done if he came back on me other then bing him one but good with aa rock..

You know Girl... when I got all my gear together back to my car, really not wanting that cooooccc to know what my car looked like I stayed back for awhile, over a hour later I went to my car. I felt soooo intimadated.. I was sad. then I was angry... then sad again.. I was going to give up fishing right there...

I never went out fishing again for a month worried that guy will be out there.. One day I said to myself... GET OUT THERE & go FISHING.... I did.. I've not seen that guy...

I reported that guy to the police.. I gave a discription of him, how tall he was what he looked like, he had a funny smell to him . I've not heard a word about him..

My first year out fishing I was at the Bow.. funny my fist year out I was mucking around having fun mostly... these guys float by a ways frome me on the other side of the river.. I didn't know squat what I was doing.. but I liked to pretend I did.. ha...

One guy in the boat Yelled to me............... B-tch... get off this river.. this is ours... Man.. I couldn't belive this.... there were passer byers looking at that guy..

I wonder now aftere this dude.. carry a weapon or something.. it's not the 4 legged creators to worry about it's the 2 legged creeps..

I've had many occations out fishing just not said anything about it.. I was wondering if other woman have or had something like this happen to them.. It is nice to see other woman on this board speak out and out fishing..

Thanks for your concern Girl. You becarful out there.

I joined Reel Hookers.... thinking that'll be a great group to join to advoid things like this. but to get another person to fish wth you just doesn't work... so I just get out and fish... still love it.. but have eyes open more ...

FFW.

Man people are a-holes sorry some dudes made you feel that way. Never let anything take away your love of fishing

You know what! I'm a old fart, and this is one more stepping stone to step over.. Some people are @holes... some are great... If that guy is on this board.. I hope he reads this and learns from it.

Woman are no different also.. this is what I have come across...

If a person wants to be a @sshole.. fine..that story what goes around comes around.. (karma)

Thanks.

FFW...

You know what! I'm a old fart, and this is one more stepping stone to step over.. Some people are @holes... some are great... If that guy is on this board.. I hope he reads this and learns from it.

Woman are no different also.. this is what I have come across...

If a person wants to be a @sshole.. fine..that story what goes around comes around.. (karma)

Thanks.

FFW...

HI...hope you don't mind me calling you or any other woman here.."M'Lady"..for I mean it it out of pure respect..I belong to many groups, where in some of these groups, "Women" are the strong part of the membership, and when someone writes as you have done about being rejected to a sport that belongs to ALL...not to some ignorant "Lugan" , this really pisses me off..in all my time on the fishing circuit, fishing in so many places all over the world, this river you call the Bow has some rather wild stories to tell..I heard yesterday, I believe that a woman was 'rapped' down at the Bow..and as usual I missed what section it was..but what I can't understand is why these ignorant Lugans think that Fishing..Fly or otherwise belongs to men..crap the best casters are "Women", because of that inner patience that is in all of them..something that every man has to learn before he can pick up a fly rod and cast that line with the greatest of ease..but hand that rod to a Woman..sit down you ignorant Lugan and watch and learn how graceful the line flows through those guides...

......bloody hell this really pisses me off...M'Lady...any time you would like to have company...both Nikita my Wolf and I would enjoy sharing a fishing day with you...or any other Lady for that matter...just to fish next to a woman doing the same thing as I, would be enough enjoyment as catching a 30 lb. steelie...I've only caught one that was 29.3 oz.,......................................Wolfie

Guest girlsfishtoo

Thanks.

FFW...

I am glad that you are not letting this take away your passion for fishing. After that kind of incident, you imagine every bad thing that could have happened... Thank goodness it ended where it did.

One of my fav sayings :D "What goes around...comes back around..."

I am glad that you are not letting this take away your passion for fishing. After that kind of incident, you imagine every bad thing that could have happened... Thank goodness it ended where it did.

One of my fav sayings :D "What goes around...comes back around..."

has stuff like this happened to you as well....girlsfishtoo..cause I've seen a young lady drift fishing in a boat and she was pretty good I might add..in her casting..might that have been u?..................Wolfie

Girlsfishtoo only goes fishing with me and I never get to far away. We carry walkietalkies and if I get one call all be by her side in a matter of seconds. I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and Iv'e been to jail before and am not to scared to go again so if anyone ever messes with her they will pay dearly for it. Seriously though Iv'e never ****** with anyone that didn't have it coming.

HI...hope you don't mind me calling you or any other woman here.."M'Lady"..for I mean it it out of pure respect..I belong to many groups, where in some of these groups, "Women" are the strong part of the membership, and when someone writes as you have done about being rejected to a sport that belongs to ALL...not to some ignorant "Lugan" , this really pisses me off..in all my time on the fishing circuit, fishing in so many places all over the world, this river you call the Bow has some rather wild stories to tell..I heard yesterday, I believe that a woman was 'rapped' down at the Bow..and as usual I missed what section it was..but what I can't understand is why these ignorant Lugans think that Fishing..Fly or otherwise belongs to men..crap the best casters are "Women", because of that inner patience that is in all of them..something that every man has to learn before he can pick up a fly rod and cast that line with the greatest of ease..but hand that rod to a Woman..sit down you ignorant Lugan and watch and learn how graceful the line flows through those guides...

......bloody hell this really pisses me off...M'Lady...any time you would like to have company...both Nikita my Wolf and I would enjoy sharing a fishing day with you...or any other Lady for that matter...just to fish next to a woman doing the same thing as I, would be enough enjoyment as catching a 30 lb. steelie...I've only caught one that was 29.3 oz.,......................................Wolfie

M'Lady is very sweet... I'm sure many females would love to hear her being called this.... Thank-you.

One good thing about all that has happend... it's a learning curve.. I don't like having things block me from N-joying whatever it may be.. I am glad I shared what has happend cuz it does happen.. To think when someone goes down to the river, lake or anywheres to be assaulted in the most awfulest way... can you imagin..!! Can anyone!!! To think someone has the right to take someones eles freedom away.. someone was raped that really make me sad.... that's pretty sad.. I feel sick.. but with all this being said, females need to be more carful out there.. I'm sure men have been beaten up, and left there.

I was out today, had a great day caught a few beauties... I think I will stay closer to home then go way out there.. There's no place really anymore no one has been to. just alot of hiking not necessary..

Thank-you.

................................................................................

Well... Crappy people are out there and it's aways been like that.

Girlsfishtoo only goes fishing with me and I never get to far away. We carry walkietalkies and if I get one call all be by her side in a matter of seconds. I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and Iv'e been to jail before and am not to scared to go again so if anyone ever messes with her they will pay dearly for it. Seriously though Iv'e never ****** with anyone that didn't have it coming.

yeah man ..I know where you are coming from, and just knowing that the young lady has someone that is watching over her is differentially a relief...nobody grows up on the wrong side m8..some people have the ability to learn from the streets and all that does is makes them stronger in ways others haven't been taught..we are given so many paths to walk and whatever ones we have chosen, is just one of those paths...

...M'Lady..I've not been to many places here around Calgary...but had a great day last week and saw a few creeks, rivers ,whatever that will see me sometime this week..my offer still stands..and what's this bit.."old Fart"...one is as old as they feel..and I don't think you are as old as 70+...now are you............Wolfie

I thought this was about wax and fly tying....nice thread hijack

m8....I thought about this as well ...but honestly, it has gotten more interesting than my subject on wax..lol-2.gif..so..as the topic title said..A Quest For An "oddity"..and that it has...can we continue?........Wolfie