Fly Fusion Forums

A Quest For An "oddity"..

m8....I thought about this as well ...but honestly, it has gotten more interesting than my subject on wax..lol-2.gif..so..as the topic title said..A Quest For An "oddity"..and that it has...can we continue?........Wolfie

Well, this whole topic has been interesting, to be waxed or not to be waxed meaning in many ways... The board is in your ball park Wolfie..

FFW.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes...I've seen the tool, and the method how it was used...but in the screen shots I noticed ..dubbing wax being used....I've tried the loop method with/without wax, and it works..................Wolfie

Dubbing Spinner Tool... I have made one for myself.. I made it outta wood from some twig I had carved it with my fishing knife, put tree sap on it put it in the fire to make the sap nice and hard it turned out really nice, and a paper clip when I got back home I put some bending in the clip drilled a little whole end of treated twig I have put some head cement where the clip is and I use it all the time when I need to use it... it's really cool to have something when it's hand made.

FFW.

Girlsfishtoo only goes fishing with me and I never get to far away. We carry walkietalkies and if I get one call all be by her side in a matter of seconds. I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and Iv'e been to jail before and am not to scared to go again so if anyone ever messes with her they will pay dearly for it. Seriously though Iv'e never ****** with anyone that didn't have it coming.

After fishing with you, I don't doubt it for a second. Thanks again for a great day on the water. (I'll be sure to get a bit more sleep before the next outing...)

Fixed

what do u mean by .."fixed"...

..anyway the amount of liquid wax I still have should last me for 2 years still..until I can find some that is...

Dubbing Spinner Tool... I have made one for myself.. I made it outta wood from some twig I had carved it with my fishing knife, put tree sap on it put it in the fire to make the sap nice and hard it turned out really nice, and a paper clip when I got back home I put some bending in the clip drilled a little whole end of treated twig I have put some head cement where the clip is and I use it all the time when I need to use it... it's really cool to have something when it's hand made.

..yes I was thinking on doing the same..make my own, cause the feeling of pride comes to u just like when u create a fly..and a fish of any size sucks it in.......Wolfie

Guest girlsfishtoo
One good thing about all that has happend... it's a learning curve.. I don't like having things block me from N-joying whatever it may be.. I am glad I shared what has happend cuz it does happen.. To think when someone goes down to the river, lake or anywheres to be assaulted in the most awfulest way... can you imagin..!! Can anyone!!! To think someone has the right to take someones eles freedom away.. someone was raped that really make me sad.... that's pretty sad.. I feel sick.. but with all this being said, females need to be more carful out there.. I'm sure men have been beaten up, and left there.

I was out today, had a great day caught a few beauties... I think I will stay closer to home then go way out there.. There's no place really anymore no one has been to. just alot of hiking not necessary..

Thank-you.

Well... Crappy people are out there and it's aways been like that.

FFW I am so glad you shared the incident that happened to you and Yes sh*# does happen guys! Makes me sad and I get a sick feeling when you know that it can happen or did happen. "Wolfie" stated that he had heard that a woman was just recently rapped at the Bow... Thanks for your concern "Wolfie", it is good to know there are people with some compassion out there. We have the same rights as men to be able to enjoy fishing! Feeling safe and being safe is important to us women! Some people may think that I am crazy for packing a walkietalkie but whatever, I error on the side of trying to stay safe no matter what others may think. I am not a swimmer either so it makes it even more important.

FFW I am so glad you shared the incident that happened to you and Yes sh*# does happen guys! Makes me sad and I get a sick feeling when you know that it can happen or did happen. "Wolfie" stated that he had heard that a woman was just recently rapped at the Bow... Thanks for your concern "Wolfie", it is good to know there are people with some compassion out there. We have the same rights to be able enjoy fishing as men do. Feeling safe and being safe is important to us women! Some people may think that I am crazy for packing a walkietalkie but whatever, I error on the side of trying to stay safe no matter what others may think. I am not a swimmer either so it makes it even more important.

Girl! Thanks and thanks to Wolfie... as to giving info of ourselves and sorry giving it out.. but sometimes things need to be discussed,& if the topic has been HYjacked ha so be it.... I hope noffen of any harm comes our way... this is for that @whole/s out there.

Girl! Thanks and thanks to Wolfie... as to giving info of ourselves and sorry giving it out.. but sometimes things need to be discussed,& if the topic has been HYjacked ha so be it.... I hope noffen of any harm comes our way... this is for that @whole/s out there.

To me I find it rather strange that here in our area that men show this type of response to women fly fishing..in BC..there are a lot of Women 'guides', that are sought after by men because they produce fish just like a lot of guides here for the Bow..so really why is there a bad tastes in ppl's mouths over this...explain to me..if you can.........................Wolfie

Actually there's some absolutely awesome fly fishing gals in Alberta. Amelia Jensen, Karen Vanderwater, Lynda McLennan. Pretty sure anyone of these gals could fish circles around most of us :lol:

No doubt...after meeting the Lady herself, Joan Wulff [many years ago] , and watching her perform..she alone convinced me that Women have a natural talent for fly fishing actually the casting, such grace watching her....and that must be in their genes..I was watching a Japanese gal who was spey casting in a video..and man..I'm sure she could out do the best male we have over here..not only her performance but her style, grace and Oh yeah..her beauty....................Wolfie

No doubt...after meeting the Lady herself, Joan Wulff [many years ago] , and watching her perform..she alone convinced me that Women have a natural talent for fly fishing actually the casting, such grace watching her....and that must be in their genes..I was watching a Japanese gal who was spey casting in a video..and man..I'm sure she could out do the best male we have over here..not only her performance but her style, grace and Oh yeah..her beauty....................Wolfie

Wow Wolfie that must have been fantastic to meet Joan, always admired her myself. The Japanese girl is Jeong Park and I agree shes fun to watch.

Wow Wolfie that must have been fantastic to meet Joan, always admired her myself. The Japanese girl is Jeong Park and I agree shes fun to watch.

"Fun"...more like "Drool"............damn , now the 'wolf side' of me is coming out.............Wolfie