Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Keeper

Boris

Colin Dunne (CDone) will do it for about $25 (I think that's what he charges) but not before he finishes putting together my 4 wt!!

P

Can anybody recommend someone that can put a fly keeper on my rod. For some reason it didn't come with one. It's a T&T - Emerger series.

Thanks

It's not unusual, that rod was used a lot as a boat rod for guides who tend to pull out a little extra line and wrap the line around the back of the reel and back up to the second or third guide with the hook. This helps to keep the leader straight and the fly line leader joint(nail knot ) out of the tip top. Great inexpensive rod by the way, I've still got a couple that just seem to just keep on going. I believe Gord at WestWinds still carries the line.

pull out a little extra line and wrap the line around the back of the reel and back up to the second or third guide with the hook. This helps to keep the leader straight and the fly line leader joint(nail knot ) out of the tip top.

This is what I do even on rods that have a hook keeper.

It's not unusual, that rod was used a lot as a boat rod for guides who tend to pull out a little extra line and wrap the line around the back of the reel and back up to the second or third guide with the hook. This helps to keep the leader straight and the fly line leader joint(nail knot ) out of the tip top. Great inexpensive rod by the way, I've still got a couple that just seem to just keep on going. I believe Gord at WestWinds still carries the line.

Ingenious! Wouldn't have though of doing that in a million years.. funny how the simplest things are often like that.

It's not unusual, that rod was used a lot as a boat rod for guides who tend to pull out a little extra line and wrap the line around the back of the reel and back up to the second or third guide with the hook. This helps to keep the leader straight and the fly line leader joint(nail knot ) out of the tip top.

That's what I do. Only because the instructions on the back of my TFO Warranty card suggested it...... :blush:

A lot of reels now a days have a rubber O-ring on the counter balance that acts as a tippet catcher.

Yes Peter, your rod is coming, as long as I don't get any more repairs <_<

Colin