Fly Fusion Forums

Hardy Demon

Just a quick rant, Got to test out my Hardy Demon 3 weight 7 foot rod for the VERY FIRST TIME today. Hooked into a small rainbow on the 4th cast on a creek and by small i mean under 12 inches and the first and slightest bend to the rod and SNAP like a clean break. Yep quite amazed that a rod from a company like hardy broke on the very first time it was used. Ive just emailed them as the rest of the night was ruined and i said i will not be paying ANYTHING for repairs on the rod even if it was bought at the end of last season and that they will be either giving me a FULL refund or be crediting me a new rod ASAP as i have a fishing trip planned in 2weeks.

a very very pissed off

Dustin

Just a quick rant, Got to test out my Hardy Demon 3 weight 7 foot rod for the VERY FIRST TIME today. Hooked into a small rainbow on the 4th cast on a creek and by small i mean under 12 inches and the first and slightest bend to the rod and SNAP like a clean break. Yep quite amazed that a rod from a company like hardy broke on the very first time it was used. Ive just emailed them as the rest of the night was ruined and i said i will not be paying ANYTHING for repairs on the rod even if it was bought at the end of last season and that they will be either giving me a FULL refund or be crediting me a new rod ASAP as i have a fishing trip planned in 2weeks.

a very very pissed off

Dustin

Bummer

Hate to say it but you may want to pick up a spare rod for your trip. Hardy is not the fastest at warranty replacements, 2 weeks is tight for any manufacture other than maybe TFO.

Where did it break? Close to a ferrule, middle of a section, tip? With these faster, lighter rods the manufactures are going to a much higher modulus graphite which tends to be a lot more thinner and brittle than say IM6 or 7. The slightest nick from a hook point can cause a clean break.

Colin

My demon took like almost 2 months. Had to send i t to bill tucker in bc...he then sent the rod to england and my tip was replaced for a fee of 125 bones. Only got new tip section. And now...he no longer does the warrantees so u have to go directly to the compmany urself! Sweet rod though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!