Fly Fusion Forums

A Few Pics...

beedhead

Met up with Dekkard and Ayr (Great Guys).....Nice Cutt Ayr got on a streamer...Nice to have met you Ayr...

Ayrs.jpg

My nicest lookin Brook to date..

Brook.jpg

Brooks Little Bro...

brook2.jpg

Scrappy Cutt...

cutt.jpg

Nice female...

cutt3.jpg

We sight fished a few of these guys....Nothing better than watching the take...

cutt4.jpg

Ayr, Dekkard and I had a taste of some of these eggs...They dont taste to bad...Really...

eggs.jpg

A face only a mother could love???...The pic never turned out all that good...But he/she scrapped!!!...

fricked.jpg

Then ran into a couple of these fellas along the way...Got one on a nymph....Very surprised.... I Was fishin for Bows....

bull.jpg

KLakesJUNE2009009.jpg

Got into a few nice scrappy Triploids as well...

trip.jpg

trip2.jpg

trip3.jpg

My favorite Bull...Got her early this year....Was the colors that got me....

GOODSPRING2009038.jpg

My fave Brown...Caught this spring as well....I think it was the setting and the company/new water that I had, that made it.....

GOODSPRING2009074.jpg

looks like the K lakes are producing well. Ayr is a hell of a guy, i cant wait to fish with him again.

When did they stock Brooks, Browns and Triploids in K Lakes???....BTW, K lakes never produce well...You have to work hard to get fish out of those two lakes...

Thanx guys for the comments...Have had a lot of fun so far this year....Met some great people along the way too...

Cheers...Jeff..

Nice photos there Beed,are those bows Pennask trips?

I'm pretty sure they are....I know they are not Blackwaters...So??..Put up one hell of a scrap for the size....They launch outa the water like missiles...lol...Good fun...

Cheers...Jeff..

Kewl thanks,how do you tell the difference between Pennask and Blackwater?

I am by far no expert on this but...Blackwaters are heavily spotted from head to tail and tend to have with a hevier concentration of spots above the lateral line, as Pennask are lightly spotted with spots favouring the dorsal area ....Blackwaters are ussualy introduced to a lake that has a problem with unwanted non-salmonid fish and do well in them waters....Pennask trout do well in monoculture lakes where they do not have compete with other non-salmonid species....Someone please correct me if Im wrong...

Cheers...Jeff..

I looked it up yesterday, and it said Pennask were stocked in there, But Im not sure if its the right lake, as there are two lakes with the same name...And it only showed the One Lake....The area/region was right, But the Town area was not...???

Cheers...Jeff..

My Bad...I was lookin at the wrong lake....All I can find in the stocking archives is AF3N's and 3N's were stocked...Does not show the strain of Bow in the arcives...It does show this year in the stockin plans what strain will be stocked...And does not look like there are plans of stocking Bows in that water this year...Weird it only shows 2002-2007...It does not show 2008....It does show 2004-2008 stocking...but again does not show the strain....????