Fly Fusion Forums

Your Fishing Soundtrack

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

thats a wicked U2 album. I like the local punk seen like Knucklehead and most other harder music. But if im on a lake it has to be Marley! got to keep it calm when watching an indi all day.

When I am by myslelf it has got to be Ian Tyson as I drive south through Longview. If buddies are with me we talk way too much solving the country's problems to have music on. On the way back to keep awake classic rock 107. Anywhere else it is usually too bumpy or noisy to have music on. I was pleased to find out along the trunk road around Burnt T I could pick up Q107. When I am by myself it was kind of nice to have some radio on.

CKUA 24/7 ... except on the water.

Best station there is!

But if I don't feel like listening to radio it can be anything from Miles Davis to Mississippi Fred McDowell, Tragically Hip to Toots and the Maytals. It all depends on the mood of the day. Hard to beat Neil Young and the Band when you're cruising a Canadian highway though.

For some reason, I often listen to country....I'm not an avid country listener, but it just seems to put me in the mood to fish.

second that.

i like a country-ish vibe on trip out, but not what gets played on "country radio" - more along the corb lund, blue rodeo, old johnny, hank sr., merle, willie, neil's country leanings...uncle tupelo, neko case, kathleen edwards, whiskeytown works too.

and ya can't beat the hip for a if not a crowd pleaser than a usually gets tolerated by a wide x-section[anyone got any comments about the new hip btw?]

but once i'm out on the water nothing beats silence, cept for uberfly's 80's hair-metal karaoke

:clapping:

second that.

i like a country-ish vibe on trip out, but not what gets played on "country radio" - more along the corb lund, blue rodeo, old johnny, hank sr., merle, willie, neil's country leanings...uncle tupelo, neko case, kathleen edwards, whiskeytown works too.

and ya can't beat the hip for a if not a crowd pleaser than a usually gets tolerated by a wide x-section[anyone got any comments about the new hip btw?]

but once i'm out on the water nothing beats silence, cept for uberfly's 80's hair-metal karaoke

:clapping:

Being a Kingston boy, I always liked the hip, on the new album I like it it has a good vibe to it

I have many passions and music and fly fishing are but 2 of them so for me they naturally go together. I've always got music on wherever I go but once I hit the water it's pure silence. However when the music is on it's everything from classic rock to country to blues to easy listening. and jazz. The Allman Bros. is band #1 for me, The Eagles, Neil Young, Blue Rodeo, Zep, Clapton, SRV, Taj Mahal, to name but a few.

• 2 weeks later...