Fly Fusion Forums

Newly Unemployed - Looking For Work

Got a call back today that I got a new job! WOOHOO!

It's not permanent, but a 5 month contract is a heck of alot better than nothing! Also applied for a desktop support position with the City of Calgary (Calgary Police) last week. Waiting to hear from them about an interview. That'd be a nice and secure job!

Congrats! I know what a relief this kind of news can be!!

P

Got a call back today that I got a new job! WOOHOO!

It's not permanent, but a 5 month contract is a heck of alot better than nothing! Also applied for a desktop support position with the City of Calgary (Calgary Police) last week. Waiting to hear from them about an interview. That'd be a nice and secure job!

Well...after 3 days of collecting EI, it seems I'm employed as of tomorrow. Not 100% sure it's the job for me, so I'm gonna try it out much in the same way I'd try a new pair of shoes. Temp is a wonderful thing. Was kinda liking this not working gig. Oh well.

Congratulations Birchy and Lynn. Birchy, if that job is through the contact provided by Lynn then that is wicked. Very great for you to provide that for him Lynn.

And good luck with your new position Lynn. I hope my wife has the same luck as she is out of work at the end of the month.

Glad to hear both of you found work - Birchy I would keep an eye on fed IT positions, pay may be slightly less than private sector but the hours are garanteed and the job security is unbeatable not to mention great benefits designed to suit a new family, if you get a indetermintate position the work force adjustment benefit offers many great options if you position was lost for some reason anyway - remember to check the individual agencies, not just the treasury board dept jobs if you look around.

Congratulations Birchy and Lynn. Birchy, if that job is through the contact provided by Lynn then that is wicked. Very great for you to provide that for him Lynn.

And good luck with your new position Lynn. I hope my wife has the same luck as she is out of work at the end of the month.

I don't think the job Birchy got was because of my referral. But I know he did apply and I'm hoping my buddies there recognize what a great addition he'd make to their team ;)

And...after 2 days...I'm unemployed again. I quit...long story short, boss was an ahole. Onto something bigger and better though!