Fly Fusion Forums

Centre Pin Man

Last week i saw three guy's fishing below Glenmore res on the Elbow. I walked up to the one guy and told him the river was closed, he smiled and shrugged his shoulders pointed to his rod on the ground next to his worm container and said "I'm not fishing", so i said, bait too eh?, and what about your buddy there? Just then his buddy hooks, one fights it in, bonks it, and sticks it in a bag already heaped full of fish.

We exchange a few choice words while my dog is going nuts , eventually I walk around the corner and call the RAP line.

They tell me the only available officer is over 2 hours away and that the best they can do is take the licence plate number and to get a picture of them if possible. I rip home grab my Camera, fly back but they're gone.

But i see a faint pair of wet tracks leading up the hill and across the Dam, so i mantracker them into the back corner of the spillway. At this point they are trespassing and in a super dangerous spot.

So i called the regular cops and let them know the three poachers lives were in danger.

They detained them and their bag of fish till the CO arrived, plenty of charges to go around. A buddy showed up and we watched it all go down from a distance.

Lots of dudes just don't care what the regs say. These dudes were just plain dumb.

Poacher bustin for fun and profit!

Awesome humblefisherman! I've made over a grand at that spot over the years, it seems like a magnet for poaching d-bags. I think they need to put up some signs there outlining the regs so that non-fishing dog walkers can start making RAP calls too. I once asked a CO about this but he wasn't very helpful - I wonder what it would take to make this happen?

Guest JayVee

Nice Jay. You should have shot some video and gave it the Humblefisherman touch: "Somewhere in Southern Alberta, another poacher bites the dust."

Last week i saw three guy's fishing below Glenmore res on the Elbow. I walked up to the one guy and told him the river was closed, he smiled and shrugged his shoulders pointed to his rod on the ground next to his worm container and said "I'm not fishing", so i said, bait too eh?, and what about your buddy there? Just then his buddy hooks, one fights it in, bonks it, and sticks it in a bag already heaped full of fish.

We exchange a few choice words while my dog is going nuts , eventually I walk around the corner and call the RAP line.

They tell me the only available officer is over 2 hours away and that the best they can do is take the licence plate number and to get a picture of them if possible. I rip home grab my Camera, fly back but they're gone.

But i see a faint pair of wet tracks leading up the hill and across the Dam, so i mantracker them into the back corner of the spillway. At this point they are trespassing and in a super dangerous spot.

So i called the regular cops and let them know the three poachers lives were in danger.

They detained them and their bag of fish till the CO arrived, plenty of charges to go around. A buddy showed up and we watched it all go down from a distance.

Lots of dudes just don't care what the regs say. These dudes were just plain dumb.

Poacher bustin for fun and profit!

What were you doing over at Glenmore Reservoir? Shouldn't you be locked in the basement editing your latest video release?

<--poke--<

Oh yeah. Townes is unbelievable... Got "Our Mother the Mountain" blaring as we speak. From Rearview Mirror. Awesome disc.

I can't say I know I ton of his stuff, but the stuff I do know I love it. Been meaning to get the new Steve Earl tribute album to Townes.

I can't say I know I ton of his stuff, but the stuff I do know I love it. Been meaning to get the new Steve Earl tribute album to Townes.

Picked it up this afternoon, haven't really listened to it yet but his cover of "Rake" is awesome.