Fly Fusion Forums

Blowing Up The Boat Soon....

I really should get into the habit of saying inflating/assembling the boat...anywhateversnowisgoneandspringishere: since we have sold our trailer and have intentions of fishing the mighty crap out of the mighty Bow this year in said inflated boat, I've decided to take requests to fill the back seat. You may or may not have to share said space (not the seat) with a dog, depending on how said dog takes to fishing. However, we would like to fill it a few times as it is easier for girls to row the boat when the front and back seats are evenly weighted.

So....if you're interested in floating the Bow in our boat (with us....that's the only stipulation and possibly the only downfall of this whole offer), then submit your name. Contestants will be chosen based on the following criteria:

1. The type of lunch you're gonna show up with.

2. The type of flies you're gonna share with us

3. How much of the shuttle you're gonna split

4. How good looking you are

5. How much you are willing to teach us, because we know a little less than nothing, even after fishing the Bow for, oh, 8 odd years

6. If you're willing to bring alcohol and keep it under wraps

7. If you promise not to fish and tell

8. If you're willing to fish topless

and, finally

9. If you're willing to let me catch the most fish of the day, or allow me to lie about it without argument.

Well...on second thought, after reviewing my criteria, I don't think there's anyone on this board that fits the entire bill. So...the new criteria is: if you wanna fish in a boat for a day with 2 idiots, gimme your name.

I really should get into the habit of saying inflating/assembling the boat...anywhateversnowisgoneandspringishere: since we have sold our trailer and have intentions of fishing the mighty crap out of the mighty Bow this year in said inflated boat, I've decided to take requests to fill the back seat. You may or may not have to share said space (not the seat) with a dog, depending on how said dog takes to fishing. However, we would like to fill it a few times as it is easier for girls to row the boat when the front and back seats are evenly weighted.

So....if you're interested in floating the Bow in our boat (with us....that's the only stipulation and possibly the only downfall of this whole offer), then submit your name. Contestants will be chosen based on the following criteria:

1. The type of lunch you're gonna show up with.

2. The type of flies you're gonna share with us

3. How much of the shuttle you're gonna split

4. How good looking you are

5. How much you are willing to teach us, because we know a little less than nothing, even after fishing the Bow for, oh, 8 odd years

6. If you're willing to bring alcohol and keep it under wraps

7. If you promise not to fish and tell

8. If you're willing to fish topless

and, finally

9. If you're willing to let me catch the most fish of the day, or allow me to lie about it without argument.

Well...on second thought, after reviewing my criteria, I don't think there's anyone on this board that fits the entire bill. So...the new criteria is: if you wanna fish in a boat for a day with 2 idiots, gimme your name.

Well colour me surprised at the # of ya that wanna float with us....who knew!

All kidding aside - we're looking forward to meeting some great folks this year and maybe learning something different - that's really what this is all about. It's like I told Rick - if we're gonna be out there anyways, might as well have a third arse in the seat since our son seems more interested in doing anything but fishing.

1. Strawberry, turkey. brie on ciabatta

2. all the ones that work of course

3. half?

4. You can;t even imagine (sorry Rick)

5. Everything you need to know

6. I don;t often drink, but will bring your drinks of choice

7. Tell who?

8. ummmm...sure if you really want me to

9. I won;t even tie on a hook

In all seriousness, we should organize an inflatable flotilla to start the season out right..I have a two person inflatable.

3. half?

7. Tell who?

In all seriousness, we should organize an inflatable flotilla to start the season out right..I have a two person inflatable.

GENTLEMEN AND GENTLEMEN - WE HAVE A WINNER. # 1 really did it for me.

3. half?

7. Tell who?

#1 is a favourite on the Rose & Crown menu!!

#6 isn't!!

Brownstone,

Are you by any chance gay?

The fruit on a sandwich gave it away. The others are just confirmation.

I sure it's gonna be spring soon... people round here are startin' to worry me

No doubt, Taco; it's a freak show!!!

...and, on a completely unrelated note:

Rickr, Brownstone-

Really looking forward to our little fishing trip; I'm bringing the appletinis! BTW, are you guys sure that 2-man tent will comfortably sleep all 3 of us? :angel:smail:

FFC's own production of Brokeback Mountain and Three's Company: Anglin' and lovin' on the Livingstone Range.

No doubt, Taco; it's a freak show!!!

...and, on a completely unrelated note:

Rickr, Brownstone-

Really looking forward to our little fishing trip; I'm bringing the appletinis! BTW, are you guys sure that 2-man tent will comfortably sleep all 3 of us? :angel:smail:

FFC's own production of Brokeback Mountain and Three's Company: Anglin' and lovin' on the Livingstone Range.

Don't drag me into this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll just stand back and watch......a long way and backed against a big friggin' tree