Fly Fusion Forums

Woodburnings By Bobloblaw

SteveM

Thanks, guys. Don't seem to find time to work on these much, but I do get inspired to crank one out now & then.

I'm working on another eagle piece currently.

Brad, I've sold or traded a few over the years, but most have been gifts for friends or family.

I'd like to find more pieces of wood like the elk is on; I like the natural look. Anyone have any idea where a fella

could get his hands on some? Also, I think it would be cool to do some on old canoe paddles; anyone have any

kicking around they'd like to dispose of?

BTW, thanks for enlarging the pics, Tex; you're(<=note correct usage) swell!

Later,

Steve

Here's the one I'm working on currently:

p3230072.jpg

A few more:

-ON THE PROWL-

p3240083.jpg

-BUCKETMOUTH-

p3240081k.jpg

-IN FLIGHT-

p3240085.jpg

-BUGLE BOY-

p3240077.jpg

-BIG 'BOU-

p3240073.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality of some of these; no scanner, so they're pics of old pics(pre-digital).

Later,

Steve

Nice work have you done any trout?I have some peaces of quarter cut oak that you can have.

Thanks, Tungsten.

No, I've never done any trout; kind of afraid that I won't be able to do a trout justice. If I find a good sketch to work off,

I may give it a whirl.

I did do a small, stylized trout as part of a bigger piece many years ago. A friend of mine had a driftboat, and I did a piece

on the plywood cover for the storage in the nose of the boat. He had someone sketch a scene of a guy playing a trout on

a river- flyrod bent, fish jumping; turned out pretty cool. He sold the boat, & passed away shortly after. It's one of the few pieces

I've done that I never got a pic of...wish I had. Wonder what ever became of it?

As for the oak, I'm always looking for wood that will inspire me to put something on it... :)

If you could PM me with some info( size of pieces, etc.) that would be awesome. Sounds interesting, for sure.

Thanks,

Steve