Fly Fusion Forums

Intruders

maxwell

• 2 weeks later...

are these the type of streamers you are fishing on the bow?? I saw your post from Jan 30 and you said the fish liked the streamers, is it stuff like this ( ie big with lots of materials )

PS I don't want any secrets and I'm not trying to probe you for your favourite patterns, just a general question :)

typically in these color combos steelhead all the way! i ahve bin tying some trout truders aswell... typical streamer patterns would be woolybuggers, double bunnies, bow buggers, decievers clousers etc... its all about imitating the baitfish and otehr food items teh trout see most regularly that workse for me...... i have bin on a intruder style streamer kick tho and yes they do work for trout! but im tying them in trouty colors instead.... hope that makes sence dude!

typical streamer patterns would be woolybuggers, double bunnies, bow buggers, decievers clousers etc... its all about imitating the baitfish and otehr food items teh trout see most regularly that workse for me......

That definitely makes sense, I used to fish all those (buggers, clousers, bunnies...) when I was first starting out, fishing for small pike in lakes around Lethbridge. I am super stoked to fish the bow soon, hopefully will be getting a spey rod in Feb so I can go play on the Bow like the rest of you guys :) Appreciate the help!!

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

so what happens when you hook a rock that you just cant shake? I squeeze on a small split shot that will stop the tube from sliding off the line after you break the hook off.

what about you? or do you kiss that fly good bye

so what happens when you hook a rock that you just cant shake? I squeeze on a small split shot that will stop the tube from sliding off the line after you break the hook off.

what about you? or do you kiss that fly good bye

That's when it's time to take a swim. Good idea with the shot though.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

what do you carry your tubes in?

when your parents are scientist and you ask for test tubes they ask if you want a screw on top and flat or concave bottom!

I am now using 15mL and 25mL plastic screw top test tubes. I like how i can see through the sides and know whats in each.