Fly Fusion Forums

The Streak Is In Jeopardy

reevesr1

I have a pretty long streak of catching a fish on the Bow every month. I think I'm at around 2 yrs and 3 months or so (which coincides with when I started fly fishing), not exactly sure because I didn't really pay attention at first. If I wanted, I could probably track it by fishing reports, but that would take too much work. Whatever the case, the streak is pretty long.

So looking at the forecast out to Dec. 30, the highest temp is -4 on the 29th and 30th I'm not the biggest fan of guaranteed iced up guides and fishing in slush, but it's looking like I'll have to deal with it to keep this thing going. Hope the forecast isn't too wrong, or I may be forced to pull a Hawgstoppah and go out when it's really cold just to catch one trout.

I'm getting real tired of this.

On the bright side, my mom is coming up this week. She's never been to Canada in the winter. She's probably never been north of Dallas in the winter! I'm thinking of parking far away from the terminal when I pick her up just for the fun of it! I'll probably chicken out though. As funny as it would be, I'd hear about it forever. Anyway, it will be fun to watch her reaction. Maybe I'll take her fishing!

So looking at the forecast out to Dec. 30, the highest temp is -4 on the 29th and 30th I'm not the biggest fan of guaranteed iced up guides and fishing in slush, but it's looking like I'll have to deal with it to keep this thing going. Hope the forecast isn't too wrong, or I may be forced to pull a Hawgstoppah and go out when it's really cold just to catch one trout.

Hell, if it gets as high as -4 I may have to head out as well. I've been off work the past week and seriously jonesing to get on the water. Not that -4 is great, but if you give a starving man a saltine he'll think it's as good as a Ritz...

not too be rude buti got out in dec!!!!!! so im fine! and with teh weather like it is -4 will only mean bearable conditions and lots of slush i nthe water..... maybe not but i highly doubt it..... we need a day or two of + 1 even and were laughin! but until then im tying flies trying not too go postal!

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

dont worry about your mom rick, jay and his wife are comming home today from Costa Rica and i broke my foot so i wasnt able to shovel his walk this morning. theres a 3ft snow drift between the back door and his garage lol