Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying Lately?

Flytyer

tallieho,

The lower and left fly box are Springbok. The right one was given to me - no name brand. The no name brand is better fro putting in and taking out the bugs. I am using it for the <size 16 chironomids

lethfisher,

Fish lakes about 80>100 days a year. Fish BC, AB and Sask. Chironomids vary from place to place depending on water quality and time of year. Carry about 600>1000 with me all the time. About 6 of each size & color. You know the old story - 2 to use, 2 to lose and 2 to give away.

Don

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tail length is a matter of personal preference IMHO. I'd fish them for sure....question is how do you really feel about them.

Thanks Flytyer. I like em, I think they look good wet. I guess I was just worried about short striking.

Guest RedWiggler

The tails look good I think that the mistake most make is to not have enough tail either to short or not enough material. Yours look long & dense enough, good job.

No problems with length, I'm with Max. as I like a bit of action. i find strikes are usually at the front or mid area. I have a certain brown's strike burned in my mind forever. I drifted a bugger past a big submerged rock and he rolled on it smacking it along the hook shank to "kill" the bugger then turned to finish it off and I had him. Funny how certain fish affect you.

I did a set of Dutot blue charms for a swap and while I was doing those I tied some variations of the pattern for use this coming summer. The second has a schalppen collar and the first is tied on a low water double hook.

post-4-1234881118.jpg

post-4-1234881141.jpg

Guest Dennis59

I'm working on Purple evil weeviles deadly on the Old Man & Livingstone last yr. size 14 & 16

I will try and post one tomorrow night. Won't be home until late tonight NLFT&F meeting tonight.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :laxfisher::fish_jump: