Fly Fusion Forums

Crowsnest Solstice Fish Out

dryfly

Tis that time once again.....

In the Northern Hemisphere, the Winter Solstice occurs on Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 5:04 AM MST.

Same routine as in other years....

SUNDAY DECEMBER 21, 2008

BURMIS LAKE PARKING AREA

Meet a the Burmis Lake parking area... (map here) at 11 AM. Will take a picture. After that it is everyone for themselves. GGP is not allowed to fish with the BAW~! :P

Long range for the Pass...who knows though ? ? The LR has been up and down like a Claresholm hooker's shorts.

I made it in 1994...then we held none for ten years ... and also 2004, 2005 and 2006. I missed last year as it was too damn cold for my old bod. ;) A few souls made it out and by all reports did well ... including freezing their asses off.

Cheers!

Clive

max... well last year it was -18°C at 9 AM and I pulled the pin. Too damn cold for me. However, I will make a special effort so we can do the dirty deed. I'll bring the "stuff" and you bring unmarked bills. ;)

BTW max I am in the Pass tomorrow (Thursday Dec 11) to drop some more contra off. HAR HAR. Would you believe I am delivering new bear-proof garbage bins to the Hillcrest lease site? Some contra huh?

Hey LE... What the hell's wrong with a pin hole in yer waders ? Hell, there's already a pin head in 'em!! :P:whistle:KIDDING!

Clive

sounda dope dryfly! will see ya there!

If I can find the pin hole in my neoprenes…I am in…I haven’t tried to hang them in the shower with water in them yet…Will try this technique this weekend

dude use a flashlight in a dark room. way better and no worries of bending your shower curtain!

sounda dope dryfly! will see ya there!

dude use a flashlight in a dark room. way better and no worries of bending your shower curtain!

I'd kinda worry about LE in a dark room with a flashlight

If I can find the pin hole in my neoprenes…I am in…I haven’t tried to hang them in the shower with water in them yet…Will try this technique this weekend

Dude fillem with air and dip them in the tub, you'll see bubles ripping out no matter how small the hole is. I use to use a bike pump but now I use my compressor. easy

It was fishing good today. Hardly any wind and pretty warm. The river was wide open with just a light rim of ice around the sides through that stretch. Anything can happen with the cold snap coming up though. I'll be there unless its a blizzard and the roads are crap.