Fly Fusion Forums

Keep Lynn In Your Thoughts

Thanks guys. Just a little bust...midline fracture of the radius for those of you who are medically inclined. Tell ya what though....if you ever want to plow through 45 people in Rockyview Emerg at midnight, just tell 'em you broke a bone. In and out in 2 hours with Percoset in hand - in good hand that is. No cast, but if it's not healed in 10 days I get to wear a lovely piece of arm-er to Mexico this year...so I'm gonna be a good girl.

And now....for the funny part of the show....

Walking dog, big crack in sidewalk (no...not the normal crack....a big crater type crack), face first.....arm broke face plant...say no more. Thank God there was nobody around to witness the spectacle. I'm thinking of suing the city. Kidding. Sorta.

In hindsight.. I wish someone could have video taped me when I wasn't paying attention and ran my face smack into one of those upside down L shaped bike racks on the back of my neighbors SUV.

Broke the nose and dropped me on my ass pretty quick lemme tell ya!

*on a tough guy note* It did not knock me out!

In hindsight.. I wish someone could have video taped me when I wasn't paying attention and ran my face smack into one of those upside down L shaped bike racks on the back of my neighbors SUV.

sorry but that image made me LOL!!

would be kinda (very) funny to witness ....in a sick way

hope your arm heals up for your trip Lynn

Guest KnottyGirl
OMG birchy - I feel so much better about myself now LOL

Anyone else care to share embarrassing stories that lead to physical injury? Nows a good time.

Hey Lynn, hope you heal up quick!

I once broke my ankle jumping off a wall... wasn't even a very big wall. Climbed up one side, went over the top, and dropped down the other side (was really only about 2 feet from my feet to the ground), just twisted and snapped it like twig. DOH! Not the dumbest (nor the smartest) thing I've ever done, but sure made me look like a jackass!

Didn't break anything, but I sure embarrassed myself when I was a kid.

I grew up in Edmonton, and one year when we went to Klondike Days, my family and cousins all went together. One of the attractions back then was the "Hall of Mirrors", where the main part is a maze compiled of plexiglass and mirrors where you work your way through to get to the upper level where the curved mirrors are to make yourself appear twisted up, tall, whatever. When we came back down, we had the task of finding our way back out through the plexiglass maze. Anyway, in our efforts, and my desire to be the first one out, I called to everyone I was with that I found the exit, and quickly made a bee-line to it. I soon discovered when they let everyone in, they put up a plexiglass wall to seal everyone in. Looks an awful lot like an exit. I was pretty much top speed for a 12 year old, and ran head long into the glass. I'm not sure how many people saw it, but I can tell you everyone heard it.

Nothing broken. Except for my ego of course.

Glad these have given you a chuckle, Lynn. You know what they say about the best medicine.

Um. I fell off my shoe and twisted my ankle. Not even a snort.

Ok, when I was little (er) my brother was giving me flying lessons. I was Super Girl and the whole "powers" thing was not really kicking in. So he laid on his back with his feet in the air. I sat on his feet and he kicked as hard as he could. I flew through the air. I mean FLEW! Unfortunately, gravity trumps Super Girl wannabes and I dove for the ground as fast as I went up. I caught myself with my hands instead of my face and only cracked one wrist.

At least a giggle?

Story 1:

About a year after my wife and I got married we moved from Houston (my home town) to Edmonton (hers). One fine winter evening we were going out to dinner. As we were walking side by side to the car, I hit a patch of ice and my feet went flying up. My wife says she had time to think "are those feet by my face" before she hears me hit the ground with a might uummmmpphhhh!

While I'm trying to regain my breath, and wondering if I broke a rib, my wife is asking me if I'm ok. Only she can't stop giggling (she laughs when she's nervous). I'm croaking out "I'm ok, quit *&%$ing laughing. Fortunately, nothing was broken because I was a bad ass in those days, but......

Story 2:

After living in Houston for 6 years, we get transferred back to Canada. Our first winter back we skated several times with the kids. My oldest is pretty athletic, but the skating thing avoids him. He couldn't do a "hockey stop". Well, I figured it out first and couldn't resist spraying him every chance I got and saying "look Ben, another hockey stop." Except on the 5th or 6th, I do the feet up in the air thing again and land horizontally on the ice. As I struggled to get my breath back, all 3 of my kids are saying "are you ok Daddy?" I'm croaking "I'm ok" and wonder if they could go get their mom so she could giggle at me cuz that would be great. After my breath returns, I ask my oldest to help me up, he says "sure. Nice hockey stop by the way" and grabs my arm. That's when I learned my ribs were cracked. Haven't been on ice since.