Fly Fusion Forums

Keep Lynn In Your Thoughts

Sorry Sarah....I found both your misfortunes funny LOL

You guys are hilarious. At the end of the day the human race really is a bunch of clumsy apes hahahaha

When I was a kid, I used to go to my uncles place all the time to hang out with my cousins. My uncle had a cool older house that had a laundry chute between the upstairs bathroom, and the downstairs hallway by the laundry room. One day during summer break we decided it'd be fun to slide down the laundry chute! After a few successful slides down feet first, I get the bright idea.. hey, i'm going to try it head first!

You see.. the downstairs wasn't 'finished' yet, so the 2x4 wall studs were still exposed. I thought.. "hey, I'll just slide down slowly, grip the studs with my hands really hard, and then when i'm close, I'll flip over and on to my feet." So I give it a try.. and wouldn't you believe it? .... It goes exactly as I had planned.. slid down, gripped the studs.. slid down slowly some more, and then flipped over on to my feet and off I went! Well.. now i'm getting really cocky! Gotta do that again.. except, this time I know what I'm doing, so I'm going to do it faster. yeah..

Slide down head first.. grip the studs.. but this time i'm rushing.. and I lose my grip. Well.. from about 4 feet in the air, didn't even have time to get my hands out to break my fall, KER SMASH!! RIGHT STRAIGHT ON THE TOP OF MY HEAD!!

I landed so straight on the top of my head that my cousin said my whole body (spine) kind of compressed, and then decompressed, before I fell over on to my back in front of him. Well of course.. he is laughing his freakin arse off at me!! In tears and everything.. meanwhile, i'm laying there.. "Travis.. stop laughing! I can't feel my legs!! SERIOUSLY, STOP LAUGHING!! I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!!!" Yeah.. he couldn't stop laughing.

Laid there for about 2-3 minutes, not able to move my lower half, and then finally things started getting tingly and shortly thereafter I was able to get up and go on my way. Probably one of the scariest things that ever happened to me.. and at the same time, one of the funniest to watch for those present!

Well this story does not involve me directly. I was 10 and my brother and I were out at granddad’s cabin for the summer. I just started to fly fish and was practicing my casting on the dock, while my bro was watching me. So after a few minutes watching me he decides he wants to practice too. Well there was only one fly rod and I had it. So he grabs the next best thing, a spin casting rod with a big ol’ Len Thompson on the end. This is working well for him for the most part, until he suddenly didn’t see the splash on one of his forward casts. He asks if I had seen his hook? I wasn’t looking in his general direction so I didn’t see any thing. As I turn my head to look at him, I see his line protruding from his head with his Len Thompson embedded in his skull.

At this point in time he hasn’t felt it. I cautiously mention “Your hook is in your melon.” His hand rose to feel his head and when he touched the embedded Len Thompson the pain immediately registered. So crying like a schoolgirl with a skinned knee he runs up to the cabin to tell some one. I figured I gotta see this, so I follow him. He approaches granddad with his predicament and right away the pliers from the middle drawer come out. This is not going to end well.

So Granddad proceeds to perform minor surgery. May I remind you these lures were built in the pre-barbless day and age. So with the advice from my granddad to hold still and take a deep breath. He yanked out the embedded object. A few good yelps emanated from my brother and a belly laugh from me. It was all over.

To this day my brother refuses to fly fish with me. I suppose the offer from me to wear a helmet doesn’t help him repress those memories.

Birchy- I think having brothers is the reason I'm not a gullible grown up. After they weighted down some laundry in the chute with the cat, they over stuffed the chute again and came looking for me. That would have been a three story drop. I was in the wind, my friends, in the wind.

Lynn- you still on those drugs? Try this: Bellybutton lint.

Anything? Muted amusement? ROFL?

No more drugs - I can't stand the hallucinations. Free percoset to anyone who wants them.

But I gotta tell ya...after Birchy's last laundry chute story I think I may need some Depends...I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I think we should call Birchy Slinky from now on. He's endured more physical hardships than most in his short life. Would explain so much too LOL

No more drugs - I can't stand the hallucinations. Free percoset to anyone who wants them.

But I gotta tell ya...after Birchy's last laundry chute story I think I may need some Depends...I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I think we should call Birchy Slinky from now on. He's endured more physical hardships than most in his short life. Would explain so much too LOL

Hmmm.. I wonder if that's what caused my pituitary tumor! :P