Fly Fusion Forums

What This Site Needs???

Don't get me wrong this is my favourite place on the web, however I wonder what could be done to improve it?

To get things going it would be nice to have a really chat section, where people talk back and forth in really time in stead of waiting around....Thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Albertans only talk to each other on a cell phone otherwise it's get the eff outta my way. Personally i don't like chatrooms because it exposes my piss poor typin' skillz and grammar

Dere's no problim wit my grammar; but, my typin' skillz is a hole diffrent story!

By the time I'd get a three word response typed, it would be completely out of context, 'cuz the subject

would've changed six times!

i was thinking a chat area might be a good idea too....it would be a good way to 'meet' people for future fishing trips,tricks and ideas...might also make for some heated dicussions behind the scenes too haha

what about a spot on your profile to post your pictures (fish,flies,gear,scenery etc)....like a personal gallery

flip side tho i would hope that either of these options would not take away from public posting

tight lines

Dere's no problim wit my grammar; but, my typin' skillz is a hole diffrent story!

By the time I'd get a three word response typed, it would be completely out of context, 'cuz the subject

That is sort of like the majority of the threads on this board....The subjects always change six times...

It's all LE's fault, that sumbuck is the original hijacker, even worser than that East Texas feller

what about a spot on your profile to post your pictures (fish,flies,gear,scenery etc)....like a personal gallery

That could take a lot of disk space and suck up bandwidth. Plus the mods would have to police the pics to make sure there isn't any inappropriate content like pr0n or copyrighted pics. You could always just post those pics on a photobucket account and put the link in your profile or sig instead.

Guest Sundancefisher
i was thinking a chat area might be a good idea too....it would be a good way to 'meet' people for future fishing trips,tricks and ideas...might also make for some heated dicussions behind the scenes too haha

flip side tho i would hope that either of these options would not take away from public posting

tight lines

I totally agree...

It would also be great if people had a complete list of all gear along with their address and future detailed fishing vacation timing plans...

I think we should have monthly draws for remote destination fishing trips.

I'm sure with millions of dollars this site brings in each month, due to the hundreds of hours Dave and Darren have to devote to it, that a few trips a month would be nothing for them to pop for.

While you're at it guys maybe you can re-write the entire site code backwards so the dyslexic fly fisherman out there will have a place to call home.

I expect to see these changes by noon today, no later.

Polegirl,

Are you willing to donate some of your millions to the site?

Don't worry people, lots of fun stuff is on the way.

SJW -

You are currently holding some of my millions in a trust account for what I believe to be a Nigerian prince (or was it for your noggin bucket fund or my damn sushi boat!!). When you're a bored, rich playgirl...it's hard to keep track.

I also think you should have a fly fishing derby - ex. biggest bull trout from a certain high mountain stream on a specified day wins a prize. Me and my other fish girl will put ya to shame.