Fly Fusion Forums

The Real Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth...

esleech

Had my usual days off earlier this week and decided to go chasing cutts. Hit the highwood at about 7 a.m. on tuesday morning and climbed down to some of my favorite pools...actually, I climbed in and out of the canyon a total of 6 times, and I was paying for it later that night. Anyways, I caught some nice fish on the dry and finished out the day with 15 fish or more. Most were small, but I had one, I believe it to be a cutbow, that probably broke 13 inches. :rolleyes: Also had a nice bully pop a rather large cutty off my line. I just stood there laughing like a madman in the woods. :lol: Couldn't have asked for a better day, and enjoyed the scenery and the solitude. Hit a small oldman trib the next day and enjoyed the best dryfly action of my life! Well over 25 cutts to hand and lost a huge number of fish as well. Every pool seemed to be devoid of fish, but all the runs were JAMMED full of fish. Best of the day was a tubby cutt that was pushing 20 inches. :lol: I used the same fly all day as well, and the more "buggered" it got, the better. Anyways, I will be back to this trib for sure.

memcard368.jpg

memcard380.jpg

memcard379.jpg

memcard385.jpg

memcard400.jpg

memcard402.jpg

memcard405.jpg

memcard401.jpg

memcard396.jpg

Had my usual days off earlier this week and decided to go chasing cutts. Hit the highwood at about 7 a.m. on tuesday morning and climbed down to some of my favorite pools...actually, I climbed in and out of the canyon a total of 6 times, and I was paying for it later that night. Anyways, I caught some nice fish on the dry and finished out the day with 15 fish or more. Most were small, but I had one, I believe it to be a cutbow, that probably broke 13 inches. :rolleyes: Also had a nice bully pop a rather large cutty off my line. I just stood there laughing like a madman in the woods. :lol: Couldn't have asked for a better day, and enjoyed the scenery and the solitude. Hit a small oldman trib the next day and enjoyed the best dryfly action of my life! Well over 25 cutts to hand and lost a huge number of fish as well. Every pool seemed to be devoid of fish, but all the runs were JAMMED full of fish. Best of the day was a tubby cutt that was pushing 20 inches. :lol: I used the same fly all day as well, and the more "buggered" it got, the better. Anyways, I will be back to this trib for sure.

Hey Howard,

Awesome. Wish I could get out for a full day during the week, 'specially during Stampede.

Great pics, great report, sounds like a memory of a lifetime.

esleech ..

That is perhaps the most appropriate thread title ever, "The Real Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth."

And people ask us whey we fly fish and let 'em go. "Couldn't have asked for a better day, and enjoyed the scenery and the solitude."

Thanks for the great report. You are a wise man.

Clive

Thanks for the great replies guys. Cdock, it's got something to do with being a Saskatchewan deer hunter, climbing in and out of coulees full of snow will do that to you. Although I suprise myself, being an overweight smoking white dude! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pretty good cameras, sanyo xacti, and an olympus stylus, but mainly, I use super macro mode...which in laymans terms, allows you to take pictures within inches of your "subject". A steady hand helps too! :rolleyes: