Fly Fusion Forums

Taser?

61 members have voted

1. 1. Tase?

• Yes
    • No

Two more dead in the last week? I'm starting to wonder if the cops wouldn't be better off pluggin them one instead. I don't recall the death rate being this high before the use of tasers when it came to the police arresting people. I'd love to see some stats.

yea im not all for the taser idea.. seems they dotn got propper training.. might be holding the shock on too long or just hitting dudes with weak hearts but either way im with weedy.. u dont gotta pop a cap in his chest or head "pop a cap in his ass"

taze em, shoot em, run em down with cruiser. People need to know they can't just screw around.

The guys that die are usually on some sort of narcotic and on the verge of a coronary already.

On the other hand a slug in the thigh says business too.

When a cop says stop...you stop. Whey you're high on coke, trashing places, threatening people, and attacking cops...expect to be tazered. I say put the blame on the person or the parents who made him that way.

I agree - they shouldn't have to tazer people because people should not try to resist/fight them. If they do, Taze them.

True story. I lived in Germany in 84/85 and liked to have a good time. (Had a couple of opportunities to meet the Polizei). Early on, got some advice from a German girl I was seeing - 'Don't f^% with the Polizei' so we didn't.

While I was there though, the Polizei show up to break up a fight outside a bar. The cops try to bust in, and one of the guys takes a swing with a knife and cuts the cop in the arm (through his heavy leather jacket). The other cop calmly draws his gun and proceeds to shoot the guy (no struggle, no warning, just BANG!). Anyway, the guy goes down bleeding, and a while later an ambulance arrives. They head over to check out the dude that was shot, but the second cop intercepts them and makes them go deal with the first cop's arm first - took them 15 minutes to stitch him up and bandage his arm. Meanwhile, buddy is laying on the ground bleeding. Instead of trying to cover it up, the cops heavily publicized the story as a deterrent. Here, both cops would be ridden out of town.

its nonsense to suggest that cops can shoot someone as a alternative to tazing or shooting in a more vital area. Cops are trained for 2 in the chest...... 2 in the chest when an attacker is within 21 feet.. not 1 in the thigh.

I would much rather take the chance of death by taser rather then death by 2 at body mass.

No brainer - Taser 'em all. The time has come and the crime has reached such a high rate that something aggressive must be done. Criminals are criminals and if they don't comply with the demands of the law, then they deserve what they get. I'm sick of the bleeding hearts crying out because some guy who decided to go on a drug binge and wreck a store and endanger the lives of innocent people got taken down by a Taser. It's time for the rights of the innocent to be protected. You wanna break the law, then be prepared to face the consequences. Simple as that. Too bad our judicial system doesn't see it that way.

u dont gotta pop a cap in his chest or head "pop a cap in his ass"

It’s quite obvious you have never been in a situation that required you to make a split second life altering choice. It baffles me how people can sit there and say “Oh, just shoot him in the leg”. That is not reality. The reality is dude is messed up on coke, meth, whatever or just plain manic, and he wants to have nothing to do with police. He/ She is in a “Fight or Flight” state of mind, and a police officer has no idea what that decision will be. I have been in a similar situation once (no not in North America) where I was faced with a split second life altering situation and let me tell you, never once did the welfare of this person enter my mind. Luckily for the both of us it worked out, better for him than me. So I would like to squash the delusions that cops have all the time in the world to think of where to shoot individuals

And yes taze them all…if you have a weak heart, than you should have thought abut that first. Before you put yourself in a situation that could cause you to be tazed.

I like the tazer radar idea....it could cut down on talking on cells while driving too.

This is getting like the bear debate. Is the crack head bluffing? Is this predatory or defensive? *hit too late. Good thing they usually are in pairs.

I'm not the biggest fan of cops.....rather I just try to avoid dealing with them altogether. Having said that I have a few mutual friends who are cops and love hearing the stories. These guys are doing a pretty tough job generally working around people who have no respect for them whatsoever, but when they are forced to take matters more seriously they have serious explaining to do. I don't think any cop is going to impulsively pull the trigger on any weapon, I feel pretty confident that if lethal force is used it was necessary.

I concur, if a cop gives you an order best you comply son.

I like the tazer radar idea....it could cut down on talking on cells while driving too.

I agree. I was reading an interesting article on my way in to work today. It spoke of how dangerous talking on cellphones while driving is.

Amazingly, while I was reading it a person, who was talking on his phone, cuts right in front of me. Luckily, I managed to swerve and miss him, but ended up spilling my coffee all over the back of my girfriend's head.

I agree. I was reading an interesting article on my way in to work today. It spoke of how dangerous talking on cellphones while driving is.

Amazingly, while I was reading it a person, who was talking on his phone, cuts right in front of me. Luckily, I managed to swerve and miss him, but ended up spilling my coffee all over the back of my girfriend's head.

She was trying to sleep on your lap and you spilled hot coffee on her while reading and driving? Jerk.

My bro is a cop. In training, he volunteered to get tazered. Long story, but the electrodes (or whatever they are) broke off in his spine. Had a free trip in the ambulance.

If you look at all the incidents, I think the actual manufacturer should be held more accountable for this product than the cops using them. It's a brutal job that is getting more and more difficult. You couldn't pay me enough money to be one, so to judge them is pretty difficult. Some people in general are jerks, but don't diss cops.

By the way, my brother said the tazer incident was still WAAAAY better than getting hit with pepper spray.

Birchy, I don't she was sleeping. Must have been reaching for something on the floor.....