Fly Fusion Forums

Genesis Of A Fishing Post

Post 1:

I am planning a trip to South Bodanky to fish for parrotfish. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Post 2: You are in for a treat! These solitary stalkers of grass flats require stealth and a delicate presentation. Their rock hard beaks of a mouth make setting the hook difficult, so heavy tippet is a must. Heavy enough to be able to drive the hook home, but no so heavy to spook the fish.

-1X flouro would be my choice. But when you do hook up, hang on. Pound for pound the parrot fish rivals the bonefish in shear speed and power. Good Luck!

Post 3:

I've fished in Bodanky as well. Man, it sure gets hot. I scorched my feet. You may want to think of wading boots to go with the normal sun wear required in the topics.

Post 4:

Last year I fished in Balimypan, just to the east of South Bodanky. Hotter than a )*@$)@*$(). I used the new Simms G-14 X-71 deck boots. These top of the line kevlar breathable boots are specially coated with the oil from the pituitary gland of a Llama. Not the Alpaca oil, but Llama oil. This increases the sun stopping capacity to SPF 1000, while keeping the foot cooler and have a double lifetime warranty. Llama's are not harmed when the oil is extracted, so they are environmentally safe and animal friendly. Really, at $499.00 they are a steal.

Post 5:

"quote post 4". Haven't you heard of the stress that extracting the oil puts on the llamas? You loser. Really, the only boots enviornmentally and animal aware people can buy in good conciousness are the Patagonia Z231 Super dries. Patatonia has figured out a way to extract the chemical from common plastic that makes it non-biodegardable and weave this chemical, flourotetrahydrohexine, into their high impact kelvar breathable boots. Same SPF as the Simms, but all the plastic used in the creation of these boots is now biodegadeable. So its a win/win! The $999.99 price tag is a small price to pay, especially when you consider the triple infinity warranty. Really, everyone should have a pair! Help save the environment!

Post 5: (Post 4 Guy to post 5 guy)

Hey, you suck.

Post 6: (Post 5 guy to post 4 guy)

You double suckity suck.

Post 7 (poster well known for his stance on environmental issues)

I just read an article which found that the gasses released from the now biodegradeable plastic that Patagonia uses in their boots is worse than man made CO2 emissions and will greatly accelerate the already out of control global warming, which is of course totally man made

Post 8:

Quote post 7

Your not starting that crap again are you? Are you an idiot? Global warming is not man made (and on and on)

3 pages on GW now. Somewhere in here I will post something about how I'm from Texas and I know everything. I'll probably have 2 or 3 that say that in different ways. Maybe I'll work in a shark picture if I can figure out a way to do it. Also, there will be a short sidebar where several of us post links to 80s videos from hair bands and arcane new wave acts. Someone will post with the eating popcorn emoticon.

Post 65:

Same guy as post 1:

Uh, thanks guys, I guess. On the whole boot thing, I'm not sure what side of the issue I land on, but can't I just go to Walmart and buy some socks?

Post 66:

Walmart!! Let me tell you something about Walmart, you little pissant.........

3 pages on Walmart follow

Post 97:

Thread locked.

Sound familiar?

I also forgot the sidebar about respect (or lack thereof) for the Bodankians. Like

Post 25: BTW you might want to be careful, there is some pretty heavy crime rates in the capital city of Booshamel.

Post 26: You racist! I lived in Booshamel for two years in a gated, defended community. They Bodankians are quiet, unassuming people. Or at least they seemed that way clamoring behind the concertina wire fences of my compound. We were just a safe as downtown Calgary. Ok, maybe safer than downtown Calgary. About as safe as say Chaparral.

Betcha 100 snerflats* this thread gets outta control & locked within 24 hours!

*snerflat- official currency of Bodanky; however, most transactions are some form of barter & usually

involve sex and/or cake.

I kinda like the plain cheesecake from the cheesecake factory.

Thoughts?

Agreed. But I really like plain old New York style cheesecake. Not that baked puffed up kind.

Clive, can Elbonian's make cheesecake? Like the real cream cheese kind, not those fake baked ones.