Fly Fusion Forums

Need Math Help....

I'm driving myself crazy....can't seem to wrap my head around this...trying to figure out the volume of this...trapezoid or whatever this shape is called. Hopefully someone can lend a hand!!

untitled-1.jpg

I need the volume to be ~ 0.75 cu. ft. but I'm limited to size of it.......... :curse:

I'm driving myself crazy....can't seem to wrap my head around this...trying to figure out the volume of this...trapezoid or whatever this shape is called. Hopefully someone can lend a hand!!

untitled-1.jpg

I need the volume to be ~ 0.75 cu. ft. but I'm limited to size of it.......... :curse:

Divide it into 2 parts:

The "triangle" part is

1/2LWH

in this case 1/2*7.25*18*3.5 or 228.375 cubic inches=.132 cu ft

the "box"

LWH

9*7.25*18=1174.5 cu in. =.679 cu ft.

So I get .811

right on thanks guys. ya im building a sub box. will mess around with the numbers a bit to figure out the best. i need the angle sheet to be at least 10.75" so my sub can fit while keepin that volume the same. I dunno...not even a year out of uni and cant remember any of this...top angle is 90 ya. may just save myself the hassle and have some shop build it for me...

I am pretty sure you need to know at least one more angle or are we assuming the top angle is 90 as well? :devil:

You don't need it, but it's (inv)tan(7.25/3.5) if memory serves.

64.23 Degrees-this is the angle at the bottom of the triangle.

So 25.77 on the top.

The length of the hypotenuse is 8.01, I think.

Hey man don't knock on us...........we do it for a living.

Hey rick I need some wireline advice soon. Theres some beers in it for ya.

Anytime bruthah.

Haven't used trig in years. My memory is like a steel trap. Full of holes.

To the nerd comments, I like to consider myself more of a renaissance man. I'll go ahead and include Dave in that group. There are not many of us!

...... tan aint a number rick its when u get darker after ur exposed too sun <--poke--<

that's awsome Max.

Whoa.... LMAO thanks for pointin' that out... that somehow got lost when I usin' the Max to English translator