Fly Fusion Forums

Lorney's Big Mean Cutty Eatin' Machine

jksnijders

Don't compare this shight to salmon, as salmon migrate hundreds, if not thousands of kilometres to spawn, where as most alberta bulls won't migrate more than 100km to spawn. This fish may not have been on a redd, but I'd bet a case of Lucky he would have milked if you ran a hand down him. Fish em while they're migrating, not while they're milking.

I prefer to shoot bull moose with their peckers hard, call me a hypocrit.

Don't compare this shight to salmon, as salmon migrate hundreds, if not thousands of kilometres to spawn, where as most alberta bulls won't migrate more than 100km to spawn. This fish may not have been on a redd, but I'd bet a case of Lucky he would have milked if you ran a hand down him. Fish em while they're migrating, not while they're milking.

I prefer to shoot bull moose with their peckers hard, call me a hypocrit.

Thanks a lot, Tako! :$*%&:

I just had to saw the top of my head off, pull out my brain, and hold it under a running faucet

to wash away the picture of you 'enjoying' the company of a hard-peckered bull moose! :barf:

Great bull Lorne and awesome pics Kyle. Forget what has been said and enjoy the memories of your trip. Wish I could have made it there with you guys. This forum is going to the dogs, just as FFA did. You can't post a photo without someone jumping down your throat.

Someone who writes that a bull trout thats spawning will hit pretty much any fly that floats by them shows they are ignorant. I think if you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't pretend that you do.......... by the way bigbrown second post in a week you've come on to and been the loud mouth :$*%&: maybe you should try to protest with a little more tact instead of coming on the attack and you might find instead of ruining a thread you might get some good debate and a reasonable discussion.

P.S- Tako! milking FISH! you perv!!! actually i did hear that you can milk anything with nipples.

P.P.S-douche! :flames:

Someone who writes that a bull trout thats spawning will hit pretty much any fly that floats by them shows they are ignorant. I think if you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't pretend that you do.......... by the way bigbrown second post in a week you've come on to and been the loud mouth :$*%&: maybe you should try to protest with a little more tacked instead of coming on the attack and you might find instead of ruining a thread you might get some good debate and a reasonable discussion.

P.S- Tako! milking FISH! you perv!!! actually i did hear that you can milk anything with nipples.

P.P.S-douche! :flames:

There is very little "good debate" or a "reasonable discussion" on here anymore. Just one member attacking another. That isn't everybody on here just a select few. I love looking at all the pics and reports but its getting a bit much.

There is very little "good debate" or a "reasonable discussion" on here anymore. Just one member attacking another. That isn't everybody on here just a select few. I love looking at all the pics and reports but its getting a bit much.

Thanks Brad. It seems to me that alot of guys like to hide behind the relative anonymity provided by these posts.... And BTW Tako, get your hands on a good dictionary. If you're going to use words like that in a post make sure you know how to spell them properly first....

Id Like to start first off by saying what an amazing Fish, and anyone of the members on this board would be hard pressed to pass a fish like that up who was actively feeding. Gongratz guys in an amazing fish, and a beauty at that. 2nd off, i guess i must be shot because i have caught numerous Brookies in their spawning colours, Oh noooo. Fact of the matter is that this fish is a member of the char family and im sure many of us have seen them with magnificent spawning colours at any time of the year. Once again, if you have a negative opinion about something someone has done why dont you privately message them, EDUCATE them because maybe they just didnt know, rather then look like a monkey flinging feces.

Dustin

If a large bull was to be caught while trying to spawn or on its way to the spawning area, would this deter him/her from continuing up stream? Would a female not dig redds if she was fighting against a rod prior? All these bullies look like monsters you could tackle with baseball bat... i wouldnt think catching and releasing, if taking all precautions, would be more then a small annoyance in there day?

Time for my 1.95 cents:

Agree with those congratulating on a beautiful fish caught.

What gets me is that people would rather impose their own morality on someone else than really do something about it. Lazy and arrogant. Nothing constructive came from that criticism; if people feel that strongly about it, they should write letters and lobby to have the regs changed, rather than dump on someone who caught a fish legally, during the open season.

And for the poster who felt the "fish-on-the-rocks" issue has been beaten like a dead horse, you don't think this issue hasn't been covered before? Get over it. Can't wait for the annual debate on staging fish at the Highwood mouth. T minus, what, 7.5 months away from the start of that sling fest? Giddee-up! ;)

Didn't someone previously say that if we are always worried about spawning fish, the Bow would have an open season, of what, 2 weeks?

Our sport is a blood sport - either you're ok with it or not. And remember, we flyfishers the worst kind - we harass fish just for the fun of it.

How do we even sleep at night? ;)

Awesome fish. Just a tad envious...

Smitty

P.S. People really ought to try and remember the lesson Barry M tried teaching us in is Trunk book; "Though shall not pass judgement on any other anglers method of angling, as long as its legal" Something like that, and I'm sure its meant also for catching fish fairly and squarely while the watershed is open to angling. Like I said, write a damn letter!!!! :)

Time for my 1.95 cents:

Agree with those congratulating on a beautiful fish caught.

What gets me is that people would rather impose their own morality on someone else than really do something about it. Lazy and arrogant. Nothing constructive came from that criticism; if people feel that strongly about it, they should write letters and lobby to have the regs changed, rather than dump on someone who caught a fish legally, during the open season.

And for the poster who felt the "fish-on-the-rocks" issue has been beaten like a dead horse, you don't think this issue hasn't been covered before? Get over it. Can't wait for the annual debate on staging fish at the Highwood mouth. T minus, what, 7.5 months away from the start of that sling fest? Giddee-up! ;)

Didn't someone previously say that if we are always worried about spawning fish, the Bow would have an open season, of what, 2 weeks?

Our sport is a blood sport - either you're ok with it or not. And remember, we flyfishers the worst kind - we harass fish just for the fun of it.

How do we even sleep at night? ;)

Awesome fish. Just a tad envious...

Smitty

P.S. People really ought to try and remember the lesson Barry M tried teaching us in is Trunk book; "Though shall not pass judgement on any other anglers method of angling, as long as its legal" Something like that, and I'm sure its meant also for catching fish fairly and squarely while the watershed is open to angling. Like I said, write a damn letter!!!! :)

Amen, Smitty