Fly Fusion Forums

Best Fish Of The Year

lol i was scared of it and so was my dog. He dodged me on two fast water landing attempts, then I tried to get my buddy to net it with that tiny homade net of mine (nightmare) haha he was scared of it. But we got him! After a few pics and some vid he took off and we watched him swim up the fastest water with ease. i was dumbfounded by the whole event as my face shows it in that one pic.  He had this one giant tooth in his mouth. Like a tusk. I wonder if that is normal in these very old bull trout.

post-515-1220596196.jpg

Not a beast, but a good rainbo for this area, and a beaut from this lake, as it's a tough mother to fish. Seconds after donning the BigBadBrent wading jacket she came to hand. Damn thing is a fish magnet!!!!!

Liftoff

2008-EM02.jpg

52cm

2008-EM03.jpg

47cm

2008-EM13.jpg

Honorable mention goes to the 5" brown I caught in Prairie. ONLY brown I landed all god dang summer.

I was working on lake Chaparal just after ice off so I brought my gear and went for a fish after work.

I caught this pig on my first cast just as soon as my chronamid got to 10'.

I brought a spool of wire to sit on for "boring cronnie fishing" but I didn't need it!

Not bad for a pet trout.

post-639-1220714311.jpg

Guest Outcasts

This might sound strange but my best fish so far this year has been a rocky mountain whitefish I hooked while fishing the cataract creek, we estimated the fish at almost 4 lbs and was my first ever rocky. Was a little dissapointed it wasnt a fat cutty but its always cool to catch a diff species and nobody i know has ever hooked into anything special in the ways of a rocky, but i also dont know that many people. Ill post a photo if i can but its a bad photo.