Fly Fusion Forums

Heartbroken...

I have had a terrible thing happen to me. I was on a business trip to Edmonton so I figured I would throw the Bamboo fly rod into van and swing around 22x on the way back and hit some of the small streams on the way back. In downtown Edmonton someone broke into my van and emptied it out.

I don’t much care about the other things that are gone or the broken window. The heartbreaker is the loss of my Thomas and Thomas Henry's Fork 5 wt. bamboo fly rod - 8 1/2' #5 (handed down from my Dad it’s Irreplaceable. I am completely heartbroken at the loss. The police say recover is slim to non and most goods with a name on it end up in a dumpster. On the very small chance someone on the board sees a bamboo fly rod for sale with the name on the case and inscription on the rod “Lornce Lisowski”. Please grab it and let me know.

Thank you all.

Man, so sorry to hear!! I haven't been to downtown edmonton in over a year now because my car got broken into a couple times there...a VERY bad place for break-ins. And the cops usually can't do crap all about it neither...that's the bad part

Silverdoctor,

My sincere condolences. I know how important things from your dad are. I truly hope they find it. I also had some stuff stolen when I lived in Edmonton and they were recovered months later, so there is hope.

Hope you get your items back Lornce.

There seems to be quite an increase in theft in Edmonton as of late. I have known a few people that have had their vehicles broken into in downtown Edmonton and many others with thefts occuring elsewhere. For the most part they are trashing the inside looking for money or something easily sold. My next door neighbor actually found a thief sitting in his vehicle downtown. They got into it and ended up down in the river valley punching it out before the cops showed up. Luckily he had his cell phone with him.

Ya, it really does sound like things are getting worse. I guess I was lucky, both my wife and I parked/worked downtown Edmonton for years and never had a break in. I did run into people freaking out on Crack on a daily basis, seen a couple people mugged, etc... I actually feel a lot safer walking downtown Calgary or Toronto than Edmonton.

I hope you get your rods back. My Wife was mugged in Edmonton a couple years back. All her stuff was thrown away not far from where she was mugged (%*7#@ punk @$$ crack heads). She doesn't carry money, so they didn't get anything useful. Anyhow, people found her cards, looked us up in the phone book and called us that they found her id etc. Hopefully one of these good natured people finds your rods and gets them reutrned.

I remember I heard last year Barry White's (the Bow River guide) truck got broken into and they stole all kinds of gear, rods and thousands of hand tied flies. Does anyone know if he recovered any of that? :huh:

He didn't recover anything from what I have heard.

If you have an old pic, or if there's any distinguishing marks, let us all know, or post the pic.

That way, if we see it, it might trigger our memory of this thread, then we can all collectively hunt the guy down and shove the rod up his butt!

Truly that sucks man!!!!