Fly Fusion Forums

Welcome To Calgary...:(

I just moved to Calgary on the 1st of August and last night my car got stolen!!! :(

It was in an above ground parking lot with a garage door on it and it got swiped last night!! So I called the police around 10:30 after I found it and made sure it hadn't been towed. I gave her my license number and she said it had been recovered already!! She said the ignition had been punched out and that is all I know right now. I am waiting on a call back to see if it is "driveable" I am guessing insurance covers any damage...

It was a 94' Civic 4 Door. There were 5 storeys of parked cars and they had to choose mine :( The worst bit was that I have a club but just forgot to put it on that night. No other cars have clubs or anything that I have seen.

Anyways I'll update the post as I hear more about it.

The police called me and said that the passenger window is smashed out and the ignition is totally pooched. They said that it was taken and was driven down some alley where they managed to high center it on something.

So now I have to call the insurance people and see if they feel like it is worth fixing. Also they said that my oakleys got taken from the glove box :( They were my nice polarized ones for fishing... boo

Guest RedWiggler

That bites man, now you get to go through the whole stolen car process...........burn!! Hopefully it goes smoothly for you.

Welcome to the club dude!

Had my '99 4Runner stolen back in January.. and then Din had his GMC Jimmy (I think?) stolen a couple months later.

Blazer...same *hit...my advice is to not take your car back til you are completely satisfied. When mine was jacked they told me to come get it three times...left it at the body shop each time...they ended up just writing it off..i bought a club used it for two weeks but don't use it anymore...Good luck with it all bud!

I am waiting for the Insurance people to give me a quote on whether they want to write it off or fix it up. It is a 94' with 297,000km on so I think they are going to want to write it off :(

I called the honda dealer for a quote, I know usually dealers are high, and they said $177 for labour and $405 for parts to fix the ignition system. Didn't ask about the rear window. I can duck tape and plastic it around lol. So if they want to write it off I could always take it to the honda guys to fix outside of insurance. We'll see though.

pick n pull would most likely have a window.

is it a hatch back or sedan?

maybe i can find you something.

was there body damage? was the underbody all smashed up when they high centered it?

It is a sedan model. I haven't looked at it because the police said they would tow it to the impound lot. So it is sitting there and waiting for the insurance dude to come and appraise it. I was thinking there might be some underbody damage but i guess it depends what they high centered it on.

I have been looking at a bunch of used car sites, trader.ca, for some newer used Honda's if they want to write my car off and it looks like there is a pretty decent selection. I have always wanted one of those hatchback 2 door ones they use to make. They look fun to drive.

It is a sedan model. I haven't looked at it because the police said they would tow it to the impound lot. So it is sitting there and waiting for the insurance dude to come and appraise it. I was thinking there might be some underbody damage but i guess it depends what they high centered it on.

I have been looking at a bunch of used car sites, trader.ca, for some newer used Honda's if they want to write my car off and it looks like there is a pretty decent selection. I have always wanted one of those hatchback 2 door ones they use to make. They look fun to drive.

My advice is to try and go see your car before the appraiser gets there...make a list of whats wrong/could be fixed before and after it was stolen. Try and meet the person there when they go see it. Show them everything and give them that list and keep one for yourself... i never did that and it was a huge mistake...finally told the guy to meet me and pointed everything out and thats what got things going.

Btw clubs don't work.

Here is how you get by the club, take a hacksaw and cut through the steering wheel.

Club falls to the ground, take piece of duck tape and wrap it around where the cut was made.

I dunno if this has been improved or fix but my uncle who worked in the crime unit for the RCMP's showed me that years ago when the club first came out.

steveo let me know if you are keeping that car and need a new back window. We can find you something at a wreckers and i can install it for you. All it will cost you is the glass and a fishing trip on the bow with me. gives me an excuse to come check out your new place and fish the bow with you. Keep me up to date.

Btw clubs don't work.

Here is how you get by the club, take a hacksaw and cut through the steering wheel.

Club falls to the ground, take piece of duck tape and wrap it around where the cut was made.

I dunno if this has been improved or fix but my uncle who worked in the crime unit for the RCMP's showed me that years ago when the club first came out.

Nothing stops 'em if they want your car bad enough; but, if there are 10 cars in a lot & one of 'em has a club,

don't you think the punk looking for a joyride is gonna try the other 9 first? You bet yer arse he will!

Well lets look at it this way then.

What car would someone steal for a joyride?

A rusted buick pos without a club or a honda civic with a club?

I would go for the civic heance why they are one of the most stolen vechicles. Easier to rip off the better cut tap, and then whatever they do to the ignition switch I dunno, never stolen I car before!

Anyways I guess what I am saying is a lock only stops a honest theif.

All I was trying to say is if Civic A had a club and Civic B didn't. I'd go with Civic B.

Hell, even if Civic A did have a club, and rusted out 84 Pontiac POS didn't, I'd still go with the rusted out POS. If it's easier to steal for a joy ride, then why not.

But if neither had a Club, then Civic all the way.

I went and checked it out today at the impound lot. The whole underside of the steering column is ripped out and the passenger window was smashed out. My Oakleys were taken as well. The worst bit was that they took/threw out my registration and insurance cards, and they won't let you take anything from the car without the registration. Now I have to go to AMA and deal with more BS boo!

I didn't take a look at the underside of the car because I have to go back tomorrow with my registration anyways.

The club was sitting in the back seat...