Fly Fusion Forums

Pike In The Bow

I was fishing down at carburn park lastnight , and a caulght a 20-24 inch pike? was rather unusual, thought it was a big brown at first, anyone know if pike are common in the bow? probably came from the elbow is my guess ..... oh yeah it was in pretty rough shape , lots of scars on it ...

Guest RedWiggler

This pike is from the Bow, I dont know the guy or whatever but I definitaly remember this thread, friggin huge.

post-1894-1217294881.jpg

i caught one in the nw last year. it was righht on the seam of a fast current.

i saw a post on here last year of a huge pike pulled out of the bow, anyone know where to find the pic?

I posted a picture of a 38" pike I caught just downstream of the city last august. Caught it on my 5 weight too! You can see the pic if you look back into my old posts, not sure if that's the one you are thinking of.

Yes, although rare they are in the Bow, particularly around Carsland. I've heard of one being caught at fish creek in white water. A bit hard to believe....

I've seen pike running rapids... same place I saw steelhead, chinooks, SM+LM bass, and panfish.

The pike were moving up the creek from boulder to boulder resting in the pocket behind the rock.

I've seen pike running rapids... same place I saw steelhead, chinooks, SM+LM bass, and panfish.

The pike were moving up the creek from boulder to boulder resting in the pocket behind the rock.

They aren't the weak warmwater fish everyone thinks they are, that's for sure.

The fish in that pic is huuuuge! That would beat hooking a 20" trout all to hell!!

The Bow has quite a few pike, there mostly the slow deep inlets or side channels but I've seen them in moderate to fast water along steep banks as well. Only caught 1 pike in the Bow though, a 17" pike in the NW last year.

good number of pikein teh bow seen em as high as bowness and bearspaw and all teh way down too carsland... ding'd a few nice ones this year and Gil i hooked one way up in teh chop this year on a golden stone.. no jokes 3 or 4 others were there... was in 4 feet of water or so way the hell out in teh chop at hullswood! never no waht the bow iwll giv eu some days!

Guest RedWiggler

Man I have never seen a Pike in the Bow. I want to and would like the surprize of reeling one in not expecting it. 10 solid years and not a single siting. Just the pics posted here. :caffeepot:

There are plenty of pike in the Bow - though that fish in the pic is the only real pig I've ever seen above Carseland. I sightfished that hog off the bank a few miles below Police.

Korban and I helped a guy land this one right below the launch at 22X.

post-179-1217466763.jpg

lmao amen brother.. have had teh fever for a month or so now.. broke 30 a few times so far and got numerous fish in teh mid too high 20s the bow is quite the pike fishery if u really try... just didnt wana offend a bunch of the trout purist.. but they seem too be in most slack water spots looking for a big juicy meal..... i thought i was one of them torut purists for teh longest time but i have the toothy critter crazies right now! going too land one of them over 40 soon.. seen a few and have had a few bust me off too.... gotta use the 60lb fluoro now with no mishaps or breakoffs......

Just need to carry some steelies like the one I gave you....

Funny thing is that my biggest so far was caught on 5x because I was too lazy to switch up....Plus, I had the "Fever".

BTW, you owe me a beer for sharing that spot. ;) Leave a few for me, I might be in Friday.