Fly Fusion Forums

Enjoy Your Weekend But!!!

Today I heard the 35+ officers of various kinds are visiting the Rocky>Sundre Area over the weekend.

We had a CO speaker at the hook and hackle club last wednesday and he said they are starting to do, I think he said "saturations". It reminded me of the police "Step" program. Basically, get a bunch of cops together and hammer one area/violation.

I think its a great idea, they just shouldn't anounce where/when.

Guest RedWiggler
Folks,

Last week the paper in Rocky ran a head line - "zero tolerance" for May Weekend.

Today I heard the 35+ officers of various kinds are visiting the Rocky>Sundre Area over the weekend.

catch ya'

Don

I was in the Sundre/Caroline area from Friday afternoon until Monday night and I never saw one CO. Thats a lie, I saw one CO in the drive through line up at A&W in Sundre.

I was in the Sundre/Caroline area from Friday afternoon until Monday night and I never saw one CO. Thats a lie, I saw one CO in the drive through line up at A&W in Sundre.

Huge checkstop 6 miles west of town at the coal camp junction, 1 mile west of my road, Fri. night. RCMP. CO., county mounties, even paramedics sitting there. I am glad they moved a little west. They used to set up at my road. Sat. they were all patrolling west, in pairs or even 4's. Rumour has it Sat they stopped anyone at the coal camp junction with the intent of going camping and turned them away with the excuse that the area was already too full (???) Doubtful you would see them in town or on the hiway -patrol focuses on the west country.