Fly Fusion Forums

Satelite Radio

Good if you drive a lot out of range of city stations (I know a lot of people that love it for this very reason!). But Calgary has crappy radio anyway (unless you stream off your home/work computer), so it's probably worth the $ (but almost too much choice, ya know?!)

P

I've had it pretty much since it came out in Canada. Bought it because of the above mentioned crappy stations in Calgary - I don't mind paying for it at all. Only really listen to four stations, though...most people i know with would say the same thing BUT on those stations the music is great.

Works great almost anywhere, unless there is a big mountain beside you (especially if it is on the south side of you). Means it can be spotty through BC all along the Trans-Can. Only near Canmore does it cut out in Alberta.

-brian

I have sirius and love it. I have never lost the signal in the year I have had it and I go to the mountians all the time.

The only problem I have is that I am so far out of the loop on the local stuff like concerts and breaking news but sometimes that can be a good thing.

I had Sirius installed with my new Ford for 6 months but didn't bother to renew. Howard Stern grew pretty old after a while, the comedy channels were all re-runs after listening for a couple of hours, and the 'punk' station played too much hip hop.

I'd much rather have XM and listen to the hockey talk all day like Hawgstoppah. Didn't help him out much in the pool, though!

Satellite radio was nice for longer road trips and I'd buy an XM radio now but I'm waiting to see what happens with the merger. Apparently the merger between XM and Sirius doesn't necessarily affect their Canadian subsidiaries.

Cheers,

PMD

Guest tallieho

I had xm it was installed when i bought the new truck.did not renew,lost stations cost just didn't justify my usage.it lost signal on the way to police on the back roads thru hillsprings

I've had Sirius for 2 years now and love it. I've never lost the signal in the mountains either. I got mine because of the crappy Calgary stations, I was tired of hearing the DJ's talk & talk some more, then follow it up with commercials, then come back on and talk some more because they like to talk. With Sirius there are no commercials and they keep the talking to about 5 - 10 seconds between songs, on the channels I listen to anyway. I bit the bullet and paid the lifetime fee. It hurt once and now I don't have to do it again. :)

I have sirius and it's great. Awesome for road trips and when I'm booting around / camping on the backroads. I have no problem with having to paying for it. My only problem is that when I signed up they had all the NHL games, and then this year XM got the NHL contract :angry:. That pissed me off quite a bit. And they tried to make up for it by having a daily 2 hour hockey night in canada talk show on weekdays. Pretty weak in my opinion.

I have Sirrius and use it on a month to month as I rarely drive in the winter and use my truck mainly for camping/fishing trips. I disconnected it in Sept and will hook up again next month. I like playing "name that tune" on road trips. I think it is great.

I've had Sirius for the past few months. Driving between Prince George and Calgary or Edmonchuck, reception is fine. I got it for the same reasons as most, crappy radio stations, but if you think Cowtown has bad stations, try a regional centre for ear bleeding crap. I picked up my receiver cheap during boxing week, so if you can hold out for 8 more months... However, as others have said, it can get repetitive, so change your stations around, or you'll not see the value in paying for radio, which I had a hard time getting over, until I realised how much time I spend in my truck.