Fly Fusion Forums

Look Deadly To Me.

jig-fly-white.jpg

jig-fly-copper-fall.jpg

jig-fly-chartruse.jpg

jig-fly-copper-round.jpg

Been doin' some research into hair and feather mini jigs for trout and ran across these, they're originally designed for Nipigon brook trout but look like they'd be frickin' deadly for any trouty carnivore. Betcha they'd work slick under a corky fished up and across.

Question is would you hardcore FFers use them? I would, with a fly rod or a spinnin'rod. :)

damn...my secret is out...might as well spill it...this is my Burla Bug...this thing was big earl's lunch and my go to bully pattern...

IMGP1617.jpg

i love using a jighead to get a big ball of rabbit down quick rather than crimping shot...two reasons for this: no hinges when lobbing it out and no crimping means no stress on the leader except for the knots...

Been trying to get some of those hooks like the bottom flie for small nymphs any idea where you can get those hooks around here??

try the fishin holes wholesale or russels.. jans simon has some trippy lead bodies for caddis and wahtnot too........

Taco,

The jigs are spin rod equipment or you could dap them with a shiny new spey rod. The ones in your picture a a tad involved with a whole lot more materials than needed. Bulls can be caught on rabbit turds. They aren't terribly bright.

catch ya'

Don

Sweet looking flies and they would be killer for Speckled Tout, but I wouldn't invest the time or money in making them. An easily tied muddler minnow with a red tail and gold tinsel body would suffice, Brook trout aren't that bright either but not nearly as dumb as Bull trout.

Dumb or aggressive? The two are often confused. :D I've seen some pretty dumb browns in my time.

Those top ones are pretty damn busy, kinda like Andy's though, appeals to my KISS principled heart. How big are those jigheads Andy? Look bigger than 1/4oz