Fly Fusion Forums

What's Good About Walmart

Hi All,

A friend has been pestering me. He's trying to determine what is good about a Walmart.

Finally in desperation, I told him that the paved parking lot may have destroyed some gopher holes and that was the only good thing I could come up with.

Any other ideas?

catch ya'

Don

"It's a great place to lose the wife at." Yabbut ... not a great place to get a new wife. :lol:

Don ..

• They sell a stacks of 2-mm craft foam for five bucks ... good for ants and hoppers ... you get half sheets of about 15 useable colors and you give the rest to your grandrats to cut up and make a mess with.
  • If you decided to commit an act of terrorism you could bomb a Wal-Mart and improve the overall genetic stock of the land. (Like WE never go there. ;) )

Guest RedWiggler
They give those little happy face stickers to kids..... thats all I got

lmao, thats why we got to Walmart, kids and happy face stickers.

Hard to believe they stay in business, being that they suck so bad.

Wait a minute, aren't they the biggest retail company in the world and getting bigger all the time? Hard to reconcile that with their absolute suckage. Or maybe they have some things figured out? Like the most efficient distribution system going? And the fact that at the end of the day, lots and lots of people just want it cheap??

Guest Sundancefisher

Best thing about Walmart is I do not have to work there for a living...

Man I feel sorry for those folks.

To see how excited they are about working there...watch the doors for 10 minutes. In that time you will see/hear the theft alarm go off about 10 times and not an employee bothers to look over or check someone...

Yahoo... more cheap foam for me!

And rickr,

Cheap is what you get + where else would you kids get lead poisoning @ a discount.

Don

Don,

With all due respect, and I mean that, thats a bullshit argument. You can get cheap toys with lead poisoning pretty much anywhere that buys chinese toys, which is pretty much everywhere. Also, any aware person who doesn't think Walmart serves a purpose is not sincere. Even if you do not shop there, they keep the prices of other stores down.

I've gone through this argument with MTB before, and I realize it's a waste of time. Hating the big kid on the block is too easy to do. But, I'm not a stupid shopper. I know the difference between cheap and inexpensive. If I can get corn flakes, or a can of corn, or a tube of toothpaste at Walmart for less than the competition, then I'm buying from Walmart.

Hey rick,

Hate is a purty ugly word. Don't hate Walmart. We haven't got one. Rocky Town Council turned the leeches down. Walmart wanted $800,000 in tax relief to locate here. Hell, we don't subsidize local merchants and most of them were born here. Now why in the devil would we subsidize a business whose aim is to put local merchants outta business all the while sending the profits south. We want a second chance @ the dollar and that can only be obtained by merchants who shop locally.

As far as prices - taint the law @ Walmart. You better do a little competitive shopping - a whole lot of business provide goods cheaper and of better quality. Yupe - been in the place - twice - know thy enemy.

And whats a MTB?

Don

Don,

MTB=MissinTheBow. We had this argument a while ago. And hate, in this case, was more rhetoric than actual (not the right word, but I can't think of it)

Been in Walmart 100s of times. Helps to know when they are your friend. They are almost always the cheapest, at least where I'm from. I also go to small shops. Spend more there. Sometimes unnecessarily, but I do that for friends too.

And they'll be in Rocky. Only a matter of time.

Walmart wanted $800,000 in tax relief to locate here. Hell, we don't subsidize local merchants and most of them were born here. Now why in the devil would we subsidize a business whose aim is to put local merchants outta business all the while sending the profits south. We want a second chance @ the dollar and that can only be obtained by merchants who shop locally.

That is exactly why I don't ever shop there. Sure I might save a couple bucks but it's not worth it. I know it means nothing to Walmart that they won't get my money but it means something to me.