Fly Fusion Forums

Police Lake Benchmark Fishout

adc

I can't make it i'm going to be in Georgia fishin the HOOCH. But i think if it's going to get crowded they do alow you to pitch two tents on the same spot that a camper is parked on but thats just going from memory. So if it was organized and a bunch of people could get there to park their rigs there could be alot of space for tents and there is a parking lot more than big enough to fit all the cars.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigbadbrent

Nick, my car is comfy compared to tents..to me anyway....i hate sleeping in tents (though thanks for the offer, im sure it will probably come to me being in a tent)

I'll take this off of work, as a research project...for work

:P

Nick, my car is comfy compared to tents..to me anyway....i hate sleeping in tents (though thanks for the offer, im sure it will probably come to me being in a tent)

I'll take this off of work, as a research project...for work

:P

Research eh, well see how the wife feels next week than i make a reservation, as that can always be canceled.

Nick

You are obviously all more optomistic than I am about the "scope" of this project...........With 45 campsites and a group campsite I will be thrilled if people are inconvenienced by having to "double up" or camp in Hawstoppah's backyard..........I wonder when the last time the Police Lake campground was full outside of the odd long weekend??........I know Don Shaw will be thrilled as well if we fill it as when we were discussing the reg's changes one of our positives was better utilization of the campground and the park............Anyway, I'm guessing we won't fill it, but please prove me wrong!!..........Hey, I never expected to raise almost $10k for Streamwatch through the online auction either, so WTF do I know?? :P :P

Al,

Bring any tarpon eggs back? Those suckers will go into some pretty brackish water. Might want to drop a few in Outpost, you know, as an experiment.

Just out of curiosity, I know someone already asked, but how good is the fishing from shore? I can bring my pontoon, but I have the wife and 3 kids to consider, and it would be nice to get them on a few.

Al,

Bring any tarpon eggs back? Those suckers will go into some pretty brackish water. Might want to drop a few in Outpost, you know, as an experiment.

Just out of curiosity, I know someone already asked, but how good is the fishing from shore? I can bring my pontoon, but I have the wife and 3 kids to consider, and it would be nice to get them on a few.

Illegal stocking is a serious offence!! :P ........And I think the silver fish might find it a tad chilly in winter..........

There is good shore fishing from the island and the SW shore...........Some near the campsite but limited.......It is a nice spot for family's and you could hike to the US..........Not far!!

i will be back in time for this event. i'm in.

Al or Clive, could one of you pm me with the details as we get closer. i will be back may 4th.

Other than the fishing, I believe outhouses are the only luxury from what I remember.

Guest bigbadbrent
is there plugins at the sites or do you need a geny if you got a big unit :P

Sounds like you're the guy i should be bugging, not Nick haha

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Al, for pointing me here.

If our trailer is out of storage, I might be able to talk the old guy into coming. Therefore:

Taco - we'll bring the rum

Lady - I'll be mixing Martini's

Al - I'll stock some Drambuie (ever had the homemade stuff...outstanding!)

Everyone else: We've got a couple of pontoon boats and fins that we could bring if anyone needed some.

Sounds like a fun time.....

Thanks, Al, for pointing me here.

If our trailer is out of storage, I might be able to talk the old guy into coming. Therefore:

Taco - we'll bring the rum

Lady - I'll be mixing Martini's

Al - I'll stock some Drambuie (ever had the homemade stuff...outstanding!)

Everyone else: We've got a couple of pontoon boats and fins that we could bring if anyone needed some.

Sounds like a fun time.....

Boy Lynn, you sure make it sound tempting. Let me ask you something:

Jackie thinks we are having our 20th Anniversary gathering on that weekend. You think she would be mad if I drug her to Police Outpost instead? Just curious about a woman's perspective.

Boy Lynn, you sure make it sound tempting. Let me ask you something:

Jackie thinks we are having our 20th Anniversary gathering on that weekend. You think she would be mad if I drug her to Police Outpost instead? Just curious about a woman's perspective.

Well...I personally couldn't think of a better way to spend an anniversary. But then again, your wife may not be as passionate about camping, fishing and drinking as I am. So.....tell her I'll bring a really good bottle of red for her and make it worth her while to show up :lol:

Actually, the original plan was to go to the fishout that weekend and have the anniversary thing the next weekend. Unfortunately, the next weekend is May long, so we decided to have the party the weekend of the 9th.

She would have certainly drank the wine. We'll get together with you guys at Racehorse, or Dutch whichever it is you go to!

So I talked to the campground operator at Police Lake today............He says we won't have a problem getting all the sites we need in the campground but if necessary we can use the group area..........Rates are $16 per night and wood is extra....He said the lake is about 1/2 ice covered still but the weekend weather and a breeze should have it clear by next week.......