Fly Fusion Forums

Police Lake Benchmark Fishout

adc

As you likely know, and thanks to your support last year, starting in April 2008, Police Outpost Lake will be governed by new, Delayed Harvest reg's........We really need your help to benchmark this fishery and we would like as many anglers as possible to fish at Police Outpost on the May 9-10 weekend..........Come Friday night and camp with your family and enjoy the full weekend or come as a group for a day or however much time you can spend..........We'll even try and do a complimentary camp breakfast for all the participants on Sunday morning.......

What we need is for each angler to fill out a survey form that will basically track: 1)number of hours fished 2) number of fish caught 3) length of fish caught and 4) method used.......It'll be fun and this data will be invaluable in tracking the success of Police under the new regulations..........

I'll post more information soon concerning the data........Dryfly and I are heading down there in the next week or so to post some signs for the new regulations and while I'm there I will search out an appropriate campsite so that I can let you know what campsite you'll find us in on the weekend and where to pick up and return your log forms..........(And where to find breakfast on Sunday morning!!)......Hope to see lots of you there and I'll try and get a fix on rough numbers for the breakfast so please post whether or not you're likely to attend.............

Cheers.......:)

Al.....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife said: "Sounds like fun"

I'm in.

Blueberry pancakes this time? :P

I didn't really get a chance to look around much at the lake yet, are there areas easy to fish from shore? (and hopefully, out of the hurricane force winds?)

Blueberry pancakes this time? :P

I didn't really get a chance to look around much at the lake yet, are there areas easy to fish from shore? (and hopefully, out of the hurricane force winds?)

Was thinking my signature French Toast actually..........Yes, some good shore access and you can wade if need be........Wind, maybe!!..... ;)

How long of a drive is it from calgary, and what type of campground?

About 2-1/2 hours from Calgary---south from Ft. Macleod, through Cardston and watch for signs...........Paved road to the park.....Great campsite with 45 spots..........A pretty part of our country.......

http://gateway.cd.gov.ab.ca/pubsandmedia/P...chure%20WEB.pdf

can you imagine the oldtimers or locals that will be going out the monday after that weekend? :lol::lol::lol: they'll be lucky to catch a boot.... :P

And I'm sure you'll hear them saying..."and now that they got those damn new regs in, no one can catch any fish" ;)

Guest tallieho

see you there & i'll let all that helped out ,know about the weekend.the group camp area holds about 20 rigs/tents etc.let me know if you need any help.

Wife has the time off and seems keen so good sign, think we have enough to get the group camp? or should i make some reservations?

When Clive and I go down to put up signs I'll try and find the campground manager, Don Shaw and see about the group camp........Might be good although the sites in the regular campground are pretty nice..........I'll post a note on the Board if we can get the group site, though........

When Clive and I go down to put up signs I'll try and find the campground manager, Don Shaw and see about the group camp........Might be good although the sites in the regular campground are pretty nice..........I'll post a note on the Board if we can get the group site, though........

I mean if a load of people show up there won;t me any place to pitch my tent, or park a trailer right. Just thinking ahead as always.

Guest bigbadbrent

Sounds like another opportunity to sleep in my car!

See if i can get it off, though that's prime bull season on the lake we all know

So is this a catch and bonk, or just a catch and record?

You're joking, right??..........The NEW regs are the same as Bullshead.........1 fish only and must be over 50cm.....(no bait, closed Oct.31-Apr. 1)..........If it was catch and bonk I guess the reg's shouldn't have been changed..........I doubt there will be many fish over 50cm. given past stocking levels and kill rates..........I think the ice fishermen had a good winter... :lol:...........S to answer your question precisely it is CATCH AND RECORD..........