Fly Fusion Forums

Wardell Waders

Anyone know how much of a difference there is between the $245 Economy Breathables, and the $420 Deluxe Breathables?

I suppose it's the whole "you get what you pay for" thing. But I would imagine that only fishing once per week on average would allow me to get away with the cheaper ones?

ahhhh $175

My Wardells were only 179 bucks, I'm in the second year and I have em on more than once a week - no probs yet - buy the cheaper ones, pick up a tube of Loon wader repair, blow the rest on banana modifying surgery ;)

Either that, or I'll use the rest to buy a bunch of chocolate dipped altoids..

Click here if the movie does not play.

Got about 300 days in the Deluxe Breathables and they're still hangin' in there.. other than about a tube and a half of aquaseal applied in the crotch area Gawd I hate wet nuts... pretty good waders but my next set are gonna be G3s

• 1 month later...

I've had 2 pair of the cheaper Wardells. The first ones had about 120 days on them, and the current ones are getting near 150. I'm hard on my waders, in and out of canyons, crawling on knees, bush-whacking, riding a mountain bike with them to save carrying extra stuff (no one's ever accused me of being smart, just lazy). Once in a while I curse them for being flimsy and then I stop and think about what I do to them. I've never owned a pair of the high end breathables by any maker, so I don't have a direct comparison. One thing I do know, don't walk into barb wire fences.

I own the Wardell Economy breathables and feel they are a good quality wader. I'd recommend the Korker Guide boots as well. Forget about laces on your boots forever. Wardell waders have a great warranty as Springbrook is the distributor and they are right here in Calgary. They can handle the warranty issues and/or repair your waders if you get rips/leaks for around $20. Springbrook is also the TFO distributor as well.

Birchy,

I bought a pair of Wright and McGills at 200 $ came with thin booties that are awesome. Built in gravel guards, double seam stitching and and back support belt. Hands down the best deal ive seen so far. Ive used approx 20-25 times and have trudged through some pretty bushie bush stuff and have waded on my knees into some brown pools and have had 0 leaks and no signs of wear anywhere on the waiders.

Regards Mike

I just bought a pair of Magellan breathables at Academy in Houston. Magellan is a low cost supplier, and competes directly with Columbia for clothing at about 1/2 the price (or less). I have been buying their fishing shirts and pants for years and have always liked the quality vs. price. This is the first pair of their waders I have bought. The waders cost $69.00 US. I got 'em for my son, who like any teenager, is incredibly rough on his gear. I'll see how they do. If they hold up, I go to Houston a couple of times a year and could pick some up if anyone is interested.

Have the higher end wardell's bought them about 4 or 5 years ago. Put a lot of time in them, they're really worn, but still work good. About 4 or 5 spots with aquaseal, but that just adds to the look. Good fit and rugged.

I have a pair of patagucci watermasters in the closet but still haven't bothered to retire the wardells yet.