Fly Fusion Forums

Lost Lemon Campground Question

Hi all.

Wanting some info on Lost Lemon. Wanting to head south next week for a bit of fisin and relaxation. Checked the website and some pics look good and others do not show a lot of shade for the hot days. Wife, I, and my 2 little guys in a tent trailer. Another couple may be joining us. Like the proximity to the Crow. Used to hit Hiawatha but it is done.

I don't mind ruffin er but, with the family, I need the amenities .

Suggestions????? Any other c.grounds with power, water etc, fairly close by?

Thanks in advance

There is a campground out at Crowsnest Mountain Resort but I believe they have it completely booked, but call anyway.

Lost Lemon is quite a nice campground with a pool and other nicities.

There are shaded places available at Lost Lemon. Not the ones directly at the Crow, but upon entering the campground take the places on the left.

Also nice when it is windy, 2 years ago we had to move the RV to one of the mentioned spots because the RV was lifted once every few minutes.

Scary experience in the middle of the night.

Will stay there in the fall again.

If you want peace and relaxation then Lost Lemon would not be my first pick but since you have two little one's it would be a perfect place. The last time I was there I was placed between two tarp cities and 400 dogs so I now camp at the falls.

I have no problems with Lost Lemon, I use to love the place before they sold it to the swiss people... at least i think they're swiss. The stream upstream of the campground is fun too, theres a few spots with little rainbows.

Hi Dutch

Hiawatha is easy to find. Headed west on #3 take a left on #507. Cross the bridge over the crow and continue on for a few hundred meters and take a right. There should be a sign.

Close to river, has showers, elec., water, and a playground for the tykes. This will really help my wife when I am fishin!!!!!

Nice little camp ground with new ownership. Spoke to Doug yesterday and he was very nice.

Google for phone #.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Rob,

So that would place it somewhere around the cursor?

I tried to get info on Hiawatha for a lot of years, but was never able to find some.

Nothing on the net and by the time I could ask some of the members on FFA it was supposed to be gone.

What I like about Lost Lemon, is when I am due for washing, I throw my clothes in the machine and do some fishing until it is finished.

Fish are not that big around the campground, but size does not matter to me at all.

Hiawatha.jpg

Thanks for the info.

Rob

Guest TerryH
You have to go south a bit farther on #507...

I don't think so.

Road 72 is the right one, but the campground is not quite as far west as where Dutch has the cursor. The next turnoff on 507 is at Lee Lake, and that's too far south.

By the way, there is a new campground being built on Hwy 3, west of Burmis. I've heard they'll have full service trailer sites and by the looks of it, they intend to be up and running for the summer crowd.

Terry

Guest TerryH

Sorry Brian, you're right. I just had another look on Google earth (in 3D mode so I could see the hill) and the campground is on Township Road 71A.

Terry