Fly Fusion Forums

Sasquatch.

Let me start by saying that i have been in bed for the past week and half due to a broken pelvis, so i have a ton of time on my hands.

well i was on google earth taking a look around the mclean creek area. when i came across some numbers tagged on the map.

i took a look at to my suprise that its a bigfoot sighting. well after seeing these i went to the link and read every report.

this is the site http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_reports.asp?state=ca-al these are reports for alberta.

now my question for you, has anyone ever had an experince with a bipedal. seen prints thought they saw something?

im very intrigued after reading these but i still dont believe it. there are many reports all over alberta of these creatures.

whats your guy's take on this?

ok..#1..sorry to hear of your busted pelvis .. nasty #2..cut back the dose on the Oxycontin .. :P

to tell ya the truth .. ever since i was a young boy I believed in Sasquatch, though over the years it's harder and harder to believe, with the level of activity in the wilderness, .. no solid footage, no bodies/bones/fur, no old shelters, although a part of me still believes, i now prefer to look to the skies for my superunknown ..

The more you read on the subject, the more you realize that there is actually ALOT of evidence for the existence of an unknown North American Ape. I would suggest that if you're really interested in the subject that you read the book "Sasquatch - Legend Meets Science" and also watch the DVD that comes with it.

When you have scientists that put aside their prejudice (either for or against) that examine the evidence that come to the conclusion "well, this footprint (or vocalization, or whatever) cannot be attributed to any known North American animal because the pattern of the dermal ridges" or "this vocalization is not a wolf, bear, coyote, elk, etc.. it can only be either a human or a primate that made that sound" and you combine that with the fact that there are so many encounters from all over North America that are so similar in detail.. then it's really hard to say "there's no such thing because we've never really seen one, or seen a body/bones" whatever. Combine with that the fact that there's so much mention of them in Native American folklore..

Yes, there are alot of hoaxes.. and they definitely contribute to the criticism. When people say "Yeah, I know Bigfoot exists because I feed them regularly.. In fact, the alpha male comes to my house, knocks on my door, and asks me for garlic in a gruff voice".. then I'm like "yeh, whatever, get off the crack" - (BTW.. I didn't just make that up.. that IS one lady's story.)

However, when you have someone who says "you know.. I don't know for sure what I saw.. all I know is that I've grown up in the woods and I KNOW what bears/elk/deer/etc look and sound like, and this was NOTHING i've ever seen or heard before".. then I'm alot more likely to listen. Especially when they saw that it was walking on two feet for any distance.

This is an example of a video that I'm more likely to believe:

People can crack jokes and scoff all they want.. the fact of the matter is that new species are discovered in the world all the time..

Alot of times when a hiker or someone gets stranded in the woods, often times it's very difficult to find them.. and they want to be found! If you think about the fact that these creatures are supposed to have near human intelligence, live in remote regions of the forest, and DO NOT want to be seen, then it becomes alot more plausible.

I used to think that "it's possible.. but not probable", but then I found out that a very close friend of mine had an encounter:

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=1400

Listening to your GOOD FRIEND tell the story.. you just can't dismiss it so quickly. I for one am about 95% sure that they're real and I think it's just a matter of time before some good quality footage is taken.

Just my 2 cents..

When i was 14, i was camping/ biking with my aunt, uncle, and younger cousin out by willow creek.

We rode around the first day, and were camping mid week there wasn't another group with in 20 km's of us. That night we heard loud screaming coming from the trees just beyond our camp it sounded like some lady was in trouble. It got louder and louder until there was thrashing in the bush right at the edge of camp. It continued until the wee hours of the morning, the next day we were all pretty spooked, and we took a look around where we heard the noise coming from. I shouldn't say noise, it was like a woman screaming at the top of her lungs. There wasn't much to be seen other than a few snapped branches.

The next night at dusk we decided to catch a few mice that had come to nibble on our cooking grill for a mouse race, when the screaming and thrashing started again. This time it was very very close. All of a sudden a large dead tree was pushed over and crashed, landing mere feet from where we were standing next to the fire. My uncle hopped into his truck and pointed the headlights into the tree's where the noise was coming from. My perception of everything changed when I caught a glimpse of something running through the tree's that was big, black, and bipedal. After thing cooled down a bit we were trying decide if we were going to leave. We decided to stay and went to bed early feeling somewhat safer inside our tent trailer.

In the middle of the night i was woken up to chaos. The end of the tent trailer that was housing my aunt and Uncle was flipped up vertical and they were dumped on the floor recieving minor injuries. My uncle thought it was me playing a joke until the side me and my little cousin were on was on was flipped too, landing us on top of them.

We stayed on the floor awhile not wanting to go outside but eventually did to fix the trailer, all the while feeling like something was watching us. The next morning we looked at the end of the trailer, it had scuff marks where something had grabeed the trailer with two hands. This time, we left.

I travel into very remote places each summer with my passion for fly fishing. I also spent a summer talking to natives and loggers on the Sunshine coast in B.C.. I have come to the understanding that Bigfoot is 100% real. No question, it frequents the frontrange of the rockies and there has been a whack of sighting up and down the foresty truck roads just west of town.

Holy smokes you guys, this is pretty interesting stuff. I always thought that if there is such a thing out there, I'd love to have an encounter with it, after reading these stories, I'm not sure I'd want to. Keep 'em coming.

Most people that have had encounters.. sometimes multiple encounters, tend to agree that they don't want to do any harm. They're just curious. That is unless you show agression towards them.. I.E. - shooting at them or something stupid.

Here's another crazy one:

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=22434

I'm not gonna try and act tough.. I'da pee'd myself too!

I am a true believer in them and have been for years. I did have one thing happen when I was camping/fishing with some neibors when I was about 10 or 11. We were at a remote lake in Oregon near Detroit Lake. There were 4 of us and the three other guys were all sleeping around the fire. I had found a small place near some trees and had my sleeping bag there. One of the guys had a Bull dog that was mean as snot to most of the kids in the neibor hood but on this trip he really too a liking to me. He even slept near me this night. I was just in the awake/sleep stage when I heard the dog whining and he was looking off into the distance all the sudden a large dead tree feel. He starte pacing back and forth but would not go anywhere near the sound. Nothing else happened that night though and we left the next day after fishing the small lake.

l_b634531795e23f6c51c9bed32e60619e.jpg

l_b5d1b31e714502965dd0aaaea5c649f5.jpg

I have read just about all the books out there and the one mentioned Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science is a really good one. These are the ones that I have read the most recent and are all pretty good ones.

There are a lot of people that give the argument if there do exist then why have we not found any bones or dead bodies and I am sure that a lot of people have never found a grizzly, black, or brown bear or even a cougar body.

If they have any kind of intelligible then maybe they know not to leave a body around to be found.

I have a friend on myspace that is also in an interest group there on Sasquatch and he is a native american in the PNW or Washington and has found a number of shelters and tracks and has posted them on his myspace page.

Meet the Sasquatch by Christopher L. Murphy

The Locals: A Contemporary Investigation of the Bigfoot/Sasquatch Phenomenon by Thom Powell

Bigfoot Across America by Philip L. Rife

Raincoast Sasquatch: The Bigfoot / Sasquatch Records of Southeast Alaska, Coastal British Columbia & Northwest Washington from Puget Sound to Yakutat by

J Robert Alley

The Bigfoot Film Controversy by Roger Patterson

In Search of Giants: Bigfoot Sasquatch Encounters by Thomas Steenburg

there is also a really cool show on the History Channel called Monster quest. They have a good episode on Sasquatch the is going to air again this coming Wed 27th 09:00 PM

Most people that have had encounters.. sometimes multiple encounters, tend to agree that they don't want to do any harm. They're just curious. That is unless you show agression towards them.. I.E. - shooting at them or something stupid.

Here's another crazy one:

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=22434

I'm not gonna try and act tough.. I'da pee'd myself too!

I'd be O.K. with a sighting, in fact I'm sure I'd welcome it. I would hope I'd have enough sense not to do something stupid like reacting agressivelly towards this unknown thing, but hearing loud gutural noises/uncontrollable screaming in the middle of the night, or having "something" hurling stuff at my camp in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere would definitely be a different story, sort of flashbacks of Jason from friday the 13th, creepy. No siree, neither Yogi nor Bullwinkle would chuck stuff at my camp, it would either have to be some type of unknown life form or some kind of sicko out there. Now if I heard dueling banjos in the background, I'd reach for my Chuck Norris or Ninja Turtle outfit, of course, waders would go on first.

If you can reach 7-9 feet in the air with a roundhouse kick.. I'll call you sir.

There is only one name for someone who can roundhouse kick 7-9 feet up....and that is CHUCK NORRIS.

I think you guys who say you've seen sasquatch should lay off the green brownies before the fishing trips :lol:

I have been a lot of middle-of-nowhere type places. Places I'm fairly sure noone's seen to in fifty years or more. And all I ever find is moose crap and bears.

Bears look a lot like people ;) Skin one out some time. I'm willing to debunk 99% of 'sasquatch' sightings as bear sightings right here and now.

THAT BEING SAID. If sasquatch ever wants to visit me, he better hope I'm unarmed. Cause if I see sasquatch, it won't be no freakin story!

Sasquatch is BS. Humans are virtually all over the planet and recording everything too, there is no way a massive ape could be living in the forests of NA. Hell we have a time trying to keep grizzlies away from towns and food from campers, what do you think a ape would do? There is not crap, hair, teeth or bones from them, all the pictures are different and are extremely blurry.

Sorry I'm a bit skeptical, but there are 6 billion people armed with vehicles and airplanes. The amount of true wilderness left is minuet. The idea a sasquatch could exist in SW Alberta is laughable, there are hunters, fishermen and rednecks that cover every square inch of that land every year. The remaining wilderness areas have been logged or have cut lines through them. Not to mention we have about 7 months of winter in Alberta, how could these things capture enough food to sustain themselves, if they did we would find many bones of dear and other prey?

There’s this thing with science (can’t really call sasquatch “evidence” science, but you get my point) that you basically can prove anything. Trust me anything, especially if you have a biased outlook on it. (GW anyone?)

i'm with Jay on this one. here is a very interesting website

www.sylvanic.com

truth be told there is a lot of country out there that no one goes to ever. i just wouldnt kill any animal in the neighbourhood

I think this might help in that link or something like it.

http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/SYLVANIC_CONNECTION

WOW I just spent like an hour on the bigfoot forum...... I feel like my life has lost all sense of meaning...... Most of those guys agree that its been 40 years since any decent evidence has been produced and it wasn't so great...... I say BS till I meet one in person.....