Fly Fusion Forums

Sasquatch.

I know that there is no solid evidence supporting that these creatures do exist, this is what makes me really not belive that they do.

i spend alot of my time in remote areas as do most of you. im sure if there were something out there there would be more pictures and proof supporting it. seeing as people are all over the place.

I know a few people in the climbing communitty that spend ALOT of time in very remote areas. none of which have encountered anything.

but after reading some of these storys it makes you want to belive it, and for some reason i want to see it for my self.

however im not going to go looking for these things. but it would be something else to see one! granted they do exist....

this was a great topic and it was awsome hearing others stories and the diffrent sides of view.

• 5 months later...
Sorry I'm a bit skeptical, but there are 6 billion people armed with vehicles and airplanes. The amount of true wilderness left is minuet. The idea a sasquatch could exist in SW Alberta is laughable, there are hunters, fishermen and rednecks that cover every square inch of that land every year. The remaining wilderness areas have been logged or have cut lines through them. Not to mention we have about 7 months of winter in Alberta, how could these things capture enough food to sustain themselves, if they did we would find many bones of dear and other prey?

Interesting comment. After this past week.. i'm starting to question whether or not HUNTERS and HIKERS really exist?

CDock, myself, and our families were camping in Southeastern BC this past week/weekend and we did a whole bunch of fishing and exploring. We covered a ridiculous amount of back country and I did not see ONE SINGLE HUNTER OR HIKER! Seriously. I didn't see any, didn't hear any (or any gunshots for that matter).. I didn't see any hunter/hiker poop, or hunter/hiker hair.. didn't see any hunter/hiker bodies lying around.. no hunter/hiker skeletons or bones. I have to admit.. this confused me a bit. I HAVE seen pictures of hunters and hikers on the internet.. I HAVE heard that hunters/hikers do exist and have heard stories of them.. but after thinking about the amount of ground that Corey and I covered.. and that hunters and hikers cover every square inch of the area.. I have to admit, at this point, I'm not convinced that they exist! ;)

Now.. humor aside.. the point I'm getting at is that if you seriously think that humans have covered, and do cover, every square inch of the wilderness, a good number of people would find that more laughable. And this isn't a personal attack fisher26.. just playing devil's advocate here. The fact is that an extremely large part of canada (sorry I don't have the actual percentage right now) is still wilderness. And a good portion of that is untouched wilderness.

Yes, I agree that there are alot of hunters/fisherman/hikers in the woods.. but I would be so bold to say that alot of them don't do much exploring.. that alot of them probably have their "favorite spots" that they go to all the time. AND, that - dare I say it - alot of them are LAZY.. and don't venture off the beaten path too far. Case in point to this is going to a popular fishing spot.. seeing 20 vehicles parked there.. but then realizing that all of those people are within 1km upstream or downstream of the parking spot.

A big part of my thoughts/feelings/arguments on the subject is this.. humblefisherman had his experience when he was 14, and he KNOWS what he saw. I'm sure most of you guys respect him as a capable outdoorsman. Now, I agree that yes, there are some people that need to get off the crack, but to say (Tako) that "I think you guys who say you've seen sasquatch should lay off the green brownies before the fishing trips" is a blanket statement and is unfair.

I agree that there are some whackos out there.. but when one of your own friends (not humblefisherman) that you have history with, and trust, saw something in the woods covered in hair and RUNNING on two feet, then you tend to believe instead of dismiss.

Tako.. alot of these people who have seen what they think is sasquatch are outdoorsman like yourself. You know what a bear looks like, you readily identified sarcoptic mange right off the bat.. now say that tomorrow, or sometime in the future, YOU see a large animal.. with a FLAT face, BROAD shoulders, and that stays walking on two feet.. you will KNOW that it's not a bear, correct? Now.. people can call you crazy and tell you to get off the crack all they want.. but that doesn't change the fact that you KNOW what you saw was no known north american animal.

And that is why I PERSONALLY cannot and will not dismiss ALL eyewitness encounters as "crazy people on drugs".. That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The amount of true wilderness left is minuet. The idea a sasquatch could exist in SW Alberta is laughable, there are hunters, fishermen and rednecks that cover every square inch of that land every year. The remaining wilderness areas have been logged or have cut lines through them. Not to mention we have about 7 months of winter in Alberta, how could these things capture enough food to sustain themselves, if they did we would find many bones of dear and other prey?

Canada has about 9,976,140 km2 of land. Canada also has about 32 million people. That works out to be 3.2 people per km2. Given that 80% is close to the border (US/Canada) and other areas are concentrated in urban environments it is easy to see there is a lot of land that is UNTOUCHED by anyone. No hunters, fishers, rednecks, logging, NOTHING, has touched these areas. I can't recall the number but it is much higher than I ever expected and it is interesting to think about how much space we have in relation to places like England where you have to pay for almost every body of water you fish (I read a UK paper on fishing and it's crazy how the sport is "managed" over there). My point is there is a lot of land mass in Canada that is untouched. If Sasquatch does exist it would not be laughable they would exist here, it would be LIKELY. Canada is one of the few countries left with so much land untouched (Russia too has a large amount of untouched land mass). I'm no biologist but from the reports of sightings and close encounters these sasquatch show characteristics of easily being able to survive in our climate. Perhaps they are migratory. You know the things geese do. Perhaps they hibernate. Bears hibernate for quit some time each year and they still exist. Where are ANY bones from dead animals? Or do animals only die when hunters shoot them? How do polar bears survive in 12 months of winter? How do seals survive in the same weather? Eskimos must not exist either because the cold they deal with is too extreme, how would they sustain themselves? Besides I've never seen an Eskimo other than in Edmonton playing football. I'm not attacking anyone but an open mind is needed on any topic, not just this one to weigh all aspects. Your conclusion is yours in the end but if there is lack of evidence for and lack of evidence against perhaps no conclusion is best and left open until the evidence presents itself. I hope I don't see any Eskimos come into Calgary and win on their next migratory trip. :peesout:

Canada has about 9,976,140 km2 of land. Canada also has about 32 million people. That works out to be 3.2 people per km2. Given that 80% is close to the border (US/Canada) and other areas are concentrated in urban environments it is easy to see there is a lot of land that is UNTOUCHED by anyone. No hunters, fishers, rednecks, logging, NOTHING, has touched these areas. I can't recall the number but it is much higher than I ever expected and it is interesting to think about how much space we have in relation to places like England where you have to pay for almost every body of water you fish (I read a UK paper on fishing and it's crazy how the sport is "managed" over there). My point is there is a lot of land mass in Canada that is untouched. If Sasquatch does exist it would not be laughable they would exist here, it would be LIKELY. Canada is one of the few countries left with so much land untouched (Russia too has a large amount of untouched land mass). I'm no biologist but from the reports of sightings and close encounters these sasquatch show characteristics of easily being able to survive in our climate. Perhaps they are migratory. You know the things geese do. Perhaps they hibernate. Bears hibernate for quit some time each year and they still exist. Where are ANY bones from dead animals? Or do animals only die when hunters shoot them? How do polar bears survive in 12 months of winter? How do seals survive in the same weather? Eskimos must not exist either because the cold they deal with is too extreme, how would they sustain themselves? Besides I've never seen an Eskimo other than in Edmonton playing football. I'm not attacking anyone but an open mind is needed on any topic, not just this one to weigh all aspects. Your conclusion is yours in the end but if there is lack of evidence for and lack of evidence against perhaps no conclusion is best and left open until the evidence presents itself. I hope I don't see any Eskimos come into Calgary and win on their next migratory trip. :peesout:

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

C-man, you make a good case for keeping an open mind.

But, the best part of your post is the last sentence; hi-freakin'-larious! :laugh::laugh:

Hello

We never see bones, or hair, or anything because sasquatch is a hologram created by the aliens. These little buggers have a great sense of humour. They sit around dreaming up these 'alter egos' - they have a complex, you know. Oogoopoogoo, sasquatch, ghosts......... just imagine them pissing themselves watching us poor humans freak out over these things. :whoot: If I ever get abducted, I'm gonna ask real nice if I can download some of their programs.

Seriously(?), we are always going to have myths and legends. Ya gotta love 'em.

Cheers

Guest Sundancefisher

I believe it is mass delusion. I was looking up a potential well location in Google and ran across a number of sighting claims. I am worried it will become a World Unesco Site soon.

Anyways, there are way too many people trapsing around the woods, way to many digital cameras and camcorders and our woods are not dense like a rain forest to hide any community of large hairy creatures. Assuming they are smart but not as smart as people, imagine trying to hide a thousand smart yet naked and hairy Italians in Kananaskis? Very unlikely to have someone not spot them with a camera. Given there has never been definitative proof...the proof is in the lack thereof.

Cheers

Sun

Not exactly the same scenario (because they did know they existed), but interesting that a large population of gorillas was just found in Africa, report was released yesterday:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26016923/?GT1=43001

So yes.. even in this day and age a 'big hairy monkey' can exist for some time without human knowledge/detection.

I was going to say the same thing about the Mountain Gorillas. They just found 100K of them that no one knew existed. Stunning, really.

I don't really believe in Sasquatch. It is difficult for me to believe no one has ever come up with conclusive proof. That said, the discovery of 100K apes that no one knew existed has challenged that belief.

Ya spotted him(her) on sat. The 204 did a great job at 300 yards, never even found any bones. Till i find sign in the eco reserves far away from mankind have to say its imagination. How many bears die of natural causes every year does antbody ever find the remains.Probably never heard or saw hunters last weekend cause nothing is open except for sasquatches on cans.