Fly Fusion Forums

Drift Boat Owners...

Guest bigbadbrent

I've got a boat. But, I've already got an extremely reliable service. What are you going to do about April, May, June and September & October while your in school? You'd have to come out with a pretty reliable long term service in order for me to get my keys returned and alienate the other company.

Insurance was a huge issue for the shuttle service I use, they had to shutdown for a while until they found some that was reasonable. I don't know if all shuttles have the right insurance. They provide a pretty complete service and are heavily involved in the fly fishing community.

I've used a lot of different shuttles over the years, I think you would have to provide something pretty outstanding to compete.

Guest bigbadbrent
I've got a boat. But, I've already got an extremely reliable service. What are you going to do about April, May, June and September & October while your in school? You'd have to come out with a pretty reliable long term service in order for me to get my keys returned and alienate the other company.

I'm done school in april, and am not going back till 2009.

I'm just looking for what the interest is, before i get involved in looking at insurance and such...

It's not alienation, when the shuttle rates are what they are at the moment..

And Tiana..i worked maintenance at a golf course, 5:00am is a breeze

Okay, I'll Bite....I offer one, all inclusive trip on the Bow, client picks the trip...April or May...Any Friday...Lunch, Beer flies, gear included...Please add this to the items for bid...Cheers..It is a great cause....James...

Way to step up, Fishhead! Thanks a bunch! :)

Insurance was a huge issue for the shuttle service I use, they had to shutdown for a while until they found some that was reasonable. I don't know if all shuttles have the right insurance. They provide a pretty complete service and are heavily involved in the fly fishing community.

I've used a lot of different shuttles over the years, I think you would have to provide something pretty outstanding to compete.

I shuttle my own boat because of insurance concerns. I called my insurance company to ask what my liability was when the shuttle service is driving my vehicle and they told me that I'd still be liable for any claims. It's a pain in the ass to move the vehicles by yourself but the peace of mind was worth it for me. If someone can convince me otherwise that I'm not liable for any damage/injury when someone else is driving my vehicle then I'd certainly consider using a shuttle service again.

Tight lines,

PMD

Guest bigbadbrent

that's the process i'm in, gotta talk to my insurance agent and see what they say for running a business that is pretty much being a Valet..

What i meant by that is, say someone else driving your vehicle to park it somewhere and something happens. Its the car owners insurance that gets dinged, be it you or the other driving (as you've given them permission to drive it, so its the owners insurance that gets risen and has to pay the repairs, not the companies..)

Or at least, that's what i've come to learn of it this far into the process, like i said, still gotta talk to some people. I could be completely wrong, and i highly doubt that BRS will exactly tell me what they're doing for insurance, if i do become a competitor that is well below their prices

What i meant by that is, say someone else driving your vehicle to park it somewhere and something happens. Its the car owners insurance that gets dinged, be it you or the other driving (as you've given them permission to drive it, so its the owners insurance that gets risen and has to pay the repairs, not the companies..)

But you're a business that's expected to take care of the vehicle. You stand a good chance of getting sued since the other alternative for the owner is to have their insurance rates go up. You could try a waiver, but you'd best consult a lawyer to see if it would stand up in court.

Hey LS, shuttle service moves your truck and trailer, they don't pick up your boat. And most of the parking lots have pull though spots for the trailers.

i'm sick today, i did know that. actually i was thinking of the ability to drive a truck with a trailer. just didnt come out right...

i'm sick today, i did know that. actually i was thinking of the ability to drive a truck with a trailer. just didnt come out right...

I figured so much considering there is a drift boat in your pic. Dont worry, i like to put my foot in my mouth and i have poor English skills.