• Messier
    • The Rocket
    • Yzerman
    • S Neidermayer
    • Brodeur
    • Hasek
    • Lindros

Guest Rocknbugs
Im a huge fan of Ovy too, hes a true goal scorer. No one in the league right now wants to score more goals then that kid, and no one loves scoring more then he does...

He's locked up, but considering that the salary cap is going to go up every year...he'll be ok

Agreed no one loves to score more but there is one guy in the league that is just as natural a goal scorer as him and that would be Ilya Kovalchuk, not as physical and not quite as complete but man can this guy fill the net he scores from all over the place. I would still take Ovy 10 times over though.

It is to bad that he plays in Washington as they are tough to watch but I know one of the defencenem on the team so I watch anyways.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigbadbrent

Avery's a dirtbag, but there is no reason to kick him out of the league. He fills his position perfectly, and does it better then anyone else in the league, and he still contributes.

sorry i didnt read the whole amount of replys i am a tad drunk but Phanuef!!!!! why in ****'s name would you put that idiot up there..... i could name a ton of people who deserve to be up there besides that idiot. Mind you we are in calgary but come on!!!! anyways my vote goes for Ales Hemsky .... or Chris Higgins for sure some of the 2 best hockey players to watch in the NHL... ok but i am drunk so night :P

Guest bigbadbrent

Ales Hemsky one of the best players to watch in hockey?

Time to get out of peasant vision, and start watching some games where real teams are playing..

Phaneuf will be the best deal in the NHL in the next couple years

Except he cant do anything in the shoot out, and every once in a while makes some nice plays? Ovechkin outshines him by far, and as for play makers Thorton and Savard are second to none..... and if you wanna get into who is the best in the NHL Lecavlier is stunning... and i think is just coming into his game. Now for me saying Hemsky, its because i am a oilers fan and am more then entitled to my opinion on who my favorite player is, and just so we keep the record straight... Hemsky will always be a better hockey player then good old Dion. I can even begin to mention Zetterberg and Datsyuk... im just saying that phanuef should have not been on that list and is only on there becuase he is a flame... or flamer.. not quite sure which

Go Oilers!!!!

Guest Rocknbugs

I love Hemsky as well anfd think he is a great player but he will never be looked at or talked about as one of the elite players in the league, he will always be known as the guy that got stabbed in the throat.

I dunno Rocknbugs, he's still only 24 and is still growing as a player. The difference in Hemsky's play between this season and last has been something else. A great player is someone who makes the players around him better, and Hemsky fits that description. He done well enough playing with mediocre players, and now that they finally have a legit 1st line Hemmer is hovering around a point-per-game and will just keep getting better. At this point he's the Oil's best player and the funnest to watch.

(before flames fans jump all over this post and tell me I'm a moron, note that I haven't said he's a star, or elite, player)

Guest Rocknbugs
I dunno Rocknbugs, he's still only 24 and is still growing as a player. The difference in Hemsky's play between this season and last has been something else. A great player is someone who makes the players around him better, and Hemsky fits that description. He done well enough playing with mediocre players, and now that they finally have a legit 1st line Hemmer is hovering around a point-per-game and will just keep getting better. At this point he's the Oil's best player and the funnest to watch.

(before flames fans jump all over this post and tell me I'm a moron, note that I haven't said he's a star, or elite, player)

I am a Flames/Oilers fan and hope that Hemsky gets great he is just missing something, a little bit of flare that separates the greats from the non-greats. That being said Hemsky, Horcroff, Pisani, Stoll and Moreau have been there for awhile now and I am a little bit surprized that they 1. are not any better and 2. no one wants to be a leader, they talk about Edmonton not having any leaders but they have had a core of guys that were there young, are still young (but have been there for awhile) but have not stepped up yet to lead the Oil to a couple of consistent seasons. Hemsky is a great player he is just not a good leader thats why he wont be looked at like one of the elite or greats or whatever.

If you'd asked for best player, it would have been Gretzky, hands down. But for favourite player, Linden gets my vote. He's all heart, and when the games on the line you don't have to wonder if he's going to show up. He's not the best player Vancouver's ever had, but he is the greatest. I'm prepared to overlook the fact that he's a Medicine Hat boy!!!

Messier is a bum for two reasons. Had Linden run out of town and then did nothing for the 3 years he was a Canuck.

Guest bigbadbrent
im just saying that phanuef should have not been on that list and is only on there becuase he is a flame... or flamer.. not quite sure which

Go Oilers!!!!

That's like comparing apples to oranges, phanuef is not a forward...

I know he's lots of peoples favourite player, because the way he hits anyone and everything, and plays hard every game

Messier is a bum for two reasons. Had Linden run out of town and then did nothing for the 3 years he was a Canuck.

Boy I tell ya! Keenan was on my hit list in those days!! Boy was I mad when that trade went down!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I noticed the question is not a debate about who is the best, but just your favorite. For a real sparky conversation, you should try "Who is the best ever?"

Fortunately, my pick is both my favorite and best: Gretzky. Although I do listen to arguments for Orr or Howe (or even Messier).

It was easy, since I grew up watching the Oilers. But for non Oilers, its still easy: Yzerman. 155 points one year that would have / should have garnered more attention, except for 2 blokes named Gretzky and Lemieux.

Sakic is also very high on my list.

Smitty

P.S. I like Iginla too, but he's somewhat streaky. For sheer skill, Datsyuk is unbelievable. But boringly enough, I like Crosby and Ovechkin. Although Ovechkin is one dirty SOB. But still, there has been no other player since Richard that plays with as much sheer joy and passion (well, perhaps Messier).

P.P.S. Lidstrom is constantly overlooked in terms of steady, consistent skill.

P.P.P.S. Who the hell mis-spelled Coffey's name? :) LOL