Fly Fusion Forums

Who's Moving?

Was hoping the HABS would land a big fish by the name of Hossa. However, unless you can sigh them to big a risk for the Rental. Works for some, but not willing to give lots of young guys and picks away with no security.

The deadline is fun to watch, but, in reality 16 teams make the playoffs and if you do not win Lord Stanley.......................

Some say the deadline has 1 winner and 15 losers ( teams) . Hossa must feel like some loser playin with crosby and malkin. ya right!!!!

Guest Rocknbugs
Was hoping the HABS would land a big fish by the name of Hossa. However, unless you can sigh them to big a risk for the Rental. Works for some, but not willing to give lots of young guys and picks away with no security.

The deadline is fun to watch, but, in reality 16 teams make the playoffs and if you do not win Lord Stanley.......................

Some say the deadline has 1 winner and 15 losers ( teams) . Hossa must feel like some loser playin with crosby and malkin. ya right!!!!

Not only did they not land the big fish, then they went and traded there goalie?????????????????????/ Cup run over. GOFLAMESGO

Not only did they not land the big fish, then they went and traded there goalie?????????????????????/ Cup run over. GOFLAMESGO

Don't expect a Flames cup run with their poor special teams and sketchy defense. Sutter should have done something, he got left in the dust by the other western teams.

I am disappointed that the Habs traded Huet. Putting all your eggs in Carey Price is risky at this time in his career. I was worried that they were gonna trade Chris Higgins. I can see him being a big scorer in a few years. The Montreal media puts sooo much pressure on the home team and sometimes the management makes hasty decisions. See John LeClair and now ..Mike Ribeiro. The East is now wide open. I can't believe the Leafs are stuck with all those no trade contracts. Idiots!

Guest Rocknbugs
Don't expect a Flames cup run with their poor special teams and sketchy defense. Sutter should have done something, he got left in the dust by the other western teams.

Yea I expected something to happen for sure, I think we are a good team but being as inconsistent as Calgary has been all year I just dont see it happening but once you make the playoffs anything can happen........if you make the playoffs.

Your obviously a Habs fan, what do you think of them trading Huet? I can see doing if your a bad club but they look reallly really good this year and he has been part of that. I would be concernred that the trade throws off a little harmony eh.

I am disappointed that the Habs traded Huet. Putting all your eggs in Carey Price is risky at this time in his career. I was worried that they were gonna trade Chris Higgins. I can see him being a big scorer in a few years. The Montreal media puts sooo much pressure on the home team and sometimes the management makes hasty decisions. See John LeClair and now ..Mike Ribeiro. The East is now wide open. I can't believe the Leafs are stuck with all those no trade contracts. Idiots!

They're able to ruin him just like Pittsburgh ruined Fleury.. Too much responsibility at too young an age! (Although I still have hope that Fleury will be the next Brodeur)

Guest bigbadbrent

oh come on, the only big trade was richards, and he is one of the most overpaid guys in the league.

Nothing really happened with the other NW teams other then Colorado

Guest Rocknbugs
oh come on, the only big trade was richards, and he is one of the most overpaid guys in the league.

Nothing really happened with the other NW teams other then Colorado

Not to mention for a team doing as well as the Stars right now, to give up Halpern, Jokinen & Smith for one guy that is not playing that well=bad trade for the Stars, my personal opinion.

I I can't believe the Leafs are stuck with all those no trade contracts. Idiots!

Yes the leafs are the biggest losers at this trade deadline. McCabe, Tucker, Sundin and Kubina all should have been traded if it wasn't for them no trade cluase. McCabe, Sundin and Kubina could have brought some good prospects and draft choices. Sundin could have brought alot, look what Pittsburg gave up to get Hossa. I would rather suffer watching young players develope with a chance for the future than watching the team as it will be now. Maybe it's time to start cheering for Pittsburg ;)

Pittsburg, Dallas and Colorado did the most to improve their teams for this year.

I'm actually glad the Habs didn't get Hossa now, since apparently Atlanta was asking for 3 roster players and 1 prospect or pick. They are playing so well right now that a deal like that could really upset their chemistry. But losing Huet is a shame because a deep playoff run is just too much to ask from a rookie goaltender. Who knows though, stranger things have happened.

By the way, is anyone else really glad to see Cooke gone from the Northwest division? I couldn't stand that guy.

Guest Rocknbugs
I'm actually glad the Habs didn't get Hossa now, since apparently Atlanta was asking for 3 roster players and 1 prospect or pick. They are playing so well right now that a deal like that could really upset their chemistry. But losing Huet is a shame because a deep playoff run is just too much to ask from a rookie goaltender. Who knows though, stranger things have happened.

By the way, is anyone else really glad to see Cooke gone from the Northwest division? I couldn't stand that guy.

Hollweg is the only player I dislike to the same degree as Matt Cooke, they are both cheap , dirty, cheapshot artists. That hit from behind that he put on Roy from the Oilers lastweek was brutal........no penalty on the play even though buddy was laid out all over the ice. So yes I am glad he is gone......lol.

I am a big time Habs fan and just watched the Atlanta Montreal game. Moving Huet was strictly a salary dump and I am sad to see him go. Solid tender and did a lot for his team. However, hockey is business and having Price in the wings is their gamble. Speaking of a rookie goalie taking them deep, remember Dryden, Roy...... Only time can tell but Price has been an MVP at all levels he played.

Huet was rumored to be asking for 4-5 million next year which is his approximate market value. Look at Rolosen( 3.8 mill, Emery cloth 3.7 million). It would be nice to have Huet going into the playoffs for sure but, at least they got a second rounder in an upcoming draft that is said to be very deep in talent.

As far as Richards going to Dallas, the Stars improved no matter what. They only lost a backup and replaced him with a backup. Richards was the playoff MVP in 04 when they beat the Flames. I would be weary of taking the big 7.8 mill on for a few more years, but he is a great player and proven winner.

If they waive and get traded, that ain't doin the team much good :P

Those guys screwed the leafs , if Sundin wanted to stay with Toronto he could have resigned in the summer. Tucker will be bought out in the summerand he will still count towards the cap, either McCabe or Kubina will get traded in the summer where they won't get near as much as they could have today. Toronto has to realize in the new salary cap era they need to build through the draft and sign free agents in the summer if they have cap room.

Tell that to John fergusson Jr. I doubt his phone is busy!

Walker you are absolutly right JFJ is to blame. He should have never signed the contracts for both Kubina or McCabe. They are both good dmen but not for what they are making. I would have much rather seen them try to sign Chara over both those guys.

I tend to agree..but I think Bo Gainey is playing the odds and considering the success of former Habs rookie goalies...Ken Dryden and Patrick Roy. He did the same last spring throwing Price straight from Junior in to the AHL Calder Cup playoffs. His hunch worked as the Hamilton Bulldogs won the Calder Cup and Price was MVP.

Still a big risk .. perhaps his job eventually....

......but to give up 3 roster players for a rental (Hossa)l...Forget about it!!!