Fly Fusion Forums

Flyfishing Expo

rusty

i spent the whole weekend there. i had a great time tying for H&H. thanks to all who stopped by to distract me. so much for topping up the fly box, managed to tie a whole 12 in 3 days?!? LOL

bought water marks and blue ribbon bow and had my other 2 books all signed by Jim. met a few more people, had dinner with the Spey boys and bought a new vise. because i need 3 for some reason.

great show, hope to see a few faces at the sportsman and boat show on Feb 15 & 16 :)

Glad to hear that the new venue has gotten a pretty good review. We could only do one show this weekend and chose the RV Show instead. Got a helluva good price on a add-a-room for our trailer. Need to have a protected place for the little one to hang out this summer.

Hopefully next year..or at least the sportsman and boat show.

Guest bigbadbrent

Sure enjoyed bugging the guys at the flyangler booth every 20 minutes, and bumming material off of Darren.

Also enjoyed trying to give Glen most of my money, but luckily i grabbed the glass case before i knocked it completely over. I'll try harder next time Glen.

Lots and lots of casting time, gotta love it when its snowing outside and im practicing my roll casts and accuracy in a nice warm place

Much better venue. The food was edible. Last year's burger was terrible. Buddies and I were interested in new waders and vests. It was nice to be able to wander around and see a huge selection of products in one location. We finally decided on Fishpond vests at Grey's booth only to discover they only had 2 for sale. So I had to come home and find one at Cabelas. But at least I had been able to try on a bunch and new whcih one I wanted without just looking at a photo on the net. Picked up a couple of prints from the lady from the west coast. The print with a man walking up a stream holding hands with his daughter grabbed me. It really reminded me of my daughter and myself. So I got one for each of us. Not often do I see a painting that really grabs me as something I recognize. Already looking forward to next year.

Had fun at the Expo this year. Tied with the Hook and Hackle Club on Saturday then gave a few folks their first tying lessons at the show, then did the flyangler booth all day Sunday. Spelled off Ed at the Liquid Lace booth and got some great tying demos in. Thanks all for stopping in and saying hi. Twas fun. Picked up a couple of books, some tying materials and couldn't resist a great deal on a Rio Windcutter (320 grain) and a few Snowbee sink tips not to mention a few goodies from Gordon at the Spey booth. Lots of good deals.