Fly Fusion Forums

Highwood Opening Day

Glenbow

Fished the Highwood on opening day & it was pretty nice. Got a couple nice bows, a couple cutts & some whities. Later in the day I went to Lower K & got 6 big bulls in an hour - then it turned right off. All in all quite a memorable day.

HighwoodBow.jpg

HighwoodBow1.jpg

HighwoodBow2.jpg

HighwoodCutt.jpg

HighwoodWhite.jpg

HighwoodWhite1.jpg

LowerBull.jpg

The Cutty pic is kinda funny, I couldn't hold that little devil to save my life, so it's the only pic I got of him. Oh yeah, I also snapped my 4wt rod setting the hook on a stone fish. Thank the Lord for the lifetime warranty, and for having a backup rod.

Guest bigbadbrent

It's rained non-stop since 5pm there last night, i'd predict stupid high, and dirty too. The sheep has doubled its flow since yesterday, if that gives you a reference

THe Highwood was pretty clear but high. I think it's less affected than other streams until you get downstream a ways to get more dirty. The K lakes were not clear, but you still have about 3 feet vis max. Unless you are on the winidward side of the lake (which can be aby side or all sides at times). I dunno, the fishing was still good but that was Sat, not today. Rain can make things mich different, but sometimes better. I wouldn't let rain stop me from going out, unless I just really didn't feel like it.

Yeah Lone, despite some of our calamities, it was an excellent morning. It would have been good if you could'a stayed out all day for sure. We'll be going again soon enough I'd expect.

Yes Glen yesterday was a very very expensive trip to the highwood....... coulda stayed home and bought a high end fly rod myself........ Luckily that stick pierced only my waders instead of my entire rectum. Coupled with your rod and the other wading incident and my drive home we coulda hired a guide broke all his stuff and had a chauffer for the trip. Next time I get the bright idea to go fishing someone smack the crap outta me LOL

Too funny Lone,

But sadly correct. Between almost drowning & busting my rod for me, & you almost having to poop into a bag for the rest of your life & donate a few bucks to the mounties we could have gone out & bought all new gear & stayed home & drank imported beer all day & hired in some entertainment to boot & still woulda spent less. Too funny, it makes for some good memories though, eh? Maybe next time we just watch fly fishing videos.