Fly Fusion Forums

Senior Now

You do not need a WIN card after 65 or need to purchase a license for regular fishing. You will need a WIN card if you apply for any draws though. You are required thoug to carry Gov. ID establishing your age.  Please refer to page 18 of the Alberta Fishing Regulations.

ZbBjVT7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kind of funny, the first year I turned 65 and could fish without a license in this province, I had a bit of a panic attack. Ended up calling Fish and game, I guess my voice betrayed me and the patient young lady said really sir, you don't need to purchase a license in a very caring tone (more than likely not the only call she gets on the subject). That's what buying a license for 50 plus years does I guess. Met a CO out there streamside and I blurted  out "I don't have a license" more from false guilt I guess. He chuckled and replied, didn't think you needed one. After chatting for a time about the mysterious ways of trout, a mutual love of the field and he shared a cup of coffee from my thurmos I felt more centered about it. Now on a pensioners budget I do appreciate the gift that is given us at 65. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1