Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing Club In Lethbridge

Guest guito

Would anyone be interested in starting a fly fishing club? I know it would be alot of work but it might be fun expecially in the winter. I think this would be fun and it might be a good way to meet new friends and fishing buddies. Hear are a few things we might be able to do. Learn to build your own flyrod, fly tying instruction, photography, build are own nets, help with projects like T.U and what ever else. I think the best way to do this is to put up some posters and not charge a membership fee. Does anyone have any experience with starting such a club and pros and cons. I know Calgary has the Hook and Hackle club and Medicine Hat has the Cypress Fly Fishing club, so maybe it is time to start one here in Lethbridge. Would this be something that might be of interest from the members here from Lethbridge and surrounding area.

Please give your thoughts.

Thanks Guito

well that's four. now you just have to convince clive to be a guest speaker

We'll get the telemarketers right on that......

I'd be interested in joining up. There is certainly enough flyfishermen (and women) in these parts that it should be successful. There will probably have to be a small membership fee to pay for places to meet and the likes. I hear Clive's pension checks are rolling in so maybe we can hit 'em up for a few $$ :lol:

Very interested as well.

We could take over a school gym somewhere for indoor casting fun!

I've got a big open park behind my house and a garage with beer...

Guito, I think we should consider the wooden kilt for flies and beer... more light and quieter, although the scenery isn't as good.

That would be great ladystrange as I am getting tired of DBT dressing up as our token girl ;) You are welcome anytime.

Harps I think we should meet at your garage every Friday just to see if the location meets our needs. I drink Keiths....Kokanee.... Coors light or anything that is in the fridge!!!

Thanks for the offer.

Guito

would you like me to drive down from calgary? i could be the token woman :P

Hell I'll drive the 40 minutes to Lethbridge if Paul's gonna supply the beer :D :D

I think something like that been tried before and I ain't much for "Organizations" but I'll give it a shot...set it up and we'll see where it goes. :)

That would be great ladystrange as I am getting tired of DBT dressing up as our token girl ;) You are welcome anytime.

Harps I think we should meet at your garage every Friday just to see if the location meets our needs. I drink Keiths....Kokanee.... Coors light or anything that is in the fridge!!!

Thanks for the offer.

Guito

that's it...you just lost your bull hunting trip...

post-203-1197006371.jpg

you dont need the math lesson to determine women are the devil reincarnate, thus evil

WHAT ELSE CAN BLEED FOR A WEEK OR SO AND NOT DIE?

That would be great ladystrange as I am getting tired of DBT dressing up as our token girl

there's an image. :blink: i better get down there ASAP

if you do it on a weekend, i could come down.

DBT...I don't want to lose that bull trout trip so if you want to wear a dress you can;)

that's it...you just lost your bull hunting trip...