Fly Fusion Forums

Global Warming....laugh...laugh...laugh

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

So much for global warming advocates preaching about how they can predict the weather 1, 5, 10 or 100 years into the future.

Just last year they were predicting a record breaking winter temperate for 2007/2008. Now the scientists are all in agreement that the ocean currents have shifted and we are now in for a cold...cold winter.

So much for computer models!

Load of crock and proven so once again.

That being said now that there is enough ice to fish a little more warmth would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sun

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for global warming advocates preaching about how they can predict the weather 1, 5, 10 or 100 years into the future.

Just last year they were predicting a record breaking winter temperate for 2007/2008. Now the scientists are all in agreement that the ocean currents have shifted and we are now in for a cold...cold winter.

So much for computer models!

Load of crock and proven so once again.

That being said now that there is enough ice to fish a little more warmth would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sun

I don't think the fact that we're having a cold winter proves that global warming is not happening - considering the changes in the arctic and elsewhere in the world.

streamer

Key word -Climate change-, global warming is not used, as climates are merely predicted to change.

How does a year of irregular winter predictions in a northern country destroy the whole theory of climate change? This assumption that some scientists may predict that this winter may be cooler than expected does not prove a theory wrong, not even close…

How do you explain the rapidly melting glaciers (like bow glacier or glacier national park) do you simply deny this fact for "crock"?

Guest Sundancefisher

AMEN BROTHER. You hit the nail head dead center with the hammer.

The weatherman got the chinook wrong this week...do you really expect he can tell how harsh this winter is gonna be?

Scientists can not predict squat based upon these computer models. They can not predict the weather with any accuracy less than 12 hours in advance. So how can they even predict why the last series of big and little ice ages happened or why once the whole planet was pretty much covered in water. I can not expect them to predict weather patterns and temperature in the future period.

I laugh cause global warming advocates say the warm summer and warm winter proves their theory. Then a cold snap hits and they say the model predicts that would happen and therefore again proves global warming.

"Climate change is the operative word. Many factors outside human control affects climate in a huge, huge way such as ocean currents and solar flaring events. Some years are going to be hotter than others and some colder. Factor in the natural 500 year temperature cycle the Earth has seen in recorded history and the oscillations during that cycle and you can clearly see nothing new is occurring. How did polar bears brave the last natural cycle? How on earth did the glaciers ever grow to begin with without human intervention? Why was the Arctic a temperate oasis in the Eocene period but cold now? Why is it getting warmer in some areas of the Arctic and colder in others? Do ocean currents affect this? Why do the ultra simplest of models fail to predict even accurate hurricane seasons? How come the prediction 2007 was going to be the most on record and failed to even really blip the news? Why has the ocean current flipped and now causing record snow falls in BC? Why did the models not predict this most important of climate factors?

A big joke that the media has pounded into everyone's head and created the longest running gag movie ever known! ....and we start our play out with our typical gullible folks.

"Gezz louis Gretta.... Gosh...looks like a storm hit the US and flooded some people. Surely this never happened before ever in the history of the planet. You are right Burt...I guess the mud slides also prove it. Oh wait...maybe the massive influx of people, clear cutting the land, disturbing the soil and lack of news stories has tainted peoples perceptions? Nah...CNN would never put anything on the news that was not 100% accurate and would never sensationalize anything... Guess we are safe to believe whatever we are told."

The end.

The punch line is not are we causing the Earth's temperature to fluctuate but rather how can we adjust to these natural fluctuations. Reducing pollution is great in order to protect the environment to allow for these adjustments but CO2 is not a pollution. All plants adsorb CO2 during daylight hours. The more CO2 in the air the more plants can grow and adsorb. There was once periods in the geologic past that had tons more CO2 in the air.

Sun

Merry Christmas everyone. Everyone is invited to come to my house where it smells of baking and crafts and all things Christmas. Come sing carols by the fire and help yourself to some egg nog. After that we'll all go Christmas shopping and enjoy all the festive season has to offer. It's a joyous time of year that I hope you all will savour every day from now until the 25th.

There...how's that.....that's my best attempt at a threadjack. God...what a load of crap :lol:

I just want to save Clive.....I can feel the air temperature rising all the way from Coaldale where Clive is fighting the urge to put fingers to keyboard. STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD SCHAUPMEYER.

At least we have another contentious subject to add to the list of contentious shack nasty subjects now. Let's see.....jetboats on the Bow, fishing at the mouth of the Highwood during spawn, Christmas, and now global warming. So much to choose from!

I'm going to combat global warming by visiting Mexico in February to see how they're making out. I better go work on that right now :P

At least we have another contentious subject to add to the list of contentious shack nasty subjects now. Let's see.....jetboats on the Bow, fishing at the mouth of the Highwood during spawn, Christmas, and now global warming. So much to choose from!

you forgot cheese?!? there is an arguement afoot regarding the disliking of cheese. i can't see how anyone could not like cheese. that is simply rediculous.

apart from chocolate, champange and strawberries, cheese is my favourite food. for all of you non-cheese lovers, well you are just simply wrong. :P

So here we have a nice contentious argument that basically cannot be won, lost, proved or disproved. Add to this the fact that the belief or disbelief in Global Warming borders on the religious for many people makes it even more contentious. Sooo.........

I'm in!

I don't think it is very disputable that the earth's temperature has been rising over the last century. And it is also indisputable that worldwide pollution has increased. So pollution and temperature increases appear to be correlated. But are they causal? (ie just because A and B are reacting the same doesn't mean A caused B ) That is much more difficult to prove. Equally difficult to disprove.

As to the "scientists can't model the weather" argument...The ability to predict short term (today, tomorrow, next week, next year) weather fluctuations is in no way indicative of the ability to predict long term trends. Those of you who don't believe in the accuracy or viability of long term climate models, you may want to pay attention to this. To the best of my knowledge, most recent models have UNDER predicted the rate of temp rise, and way under predicted the rate of the ice caps melting. Not very comforting.

A French mathmetician named Pascal, when commenting on religion once said something to the effect: If I believe in God and I'm wrong, I've lived a good life and nothing has been wasted, however if I don't believe in God and I'm wrong, I may spend a long time in a hot place (I did paraphrase there a bit). To me, same thing with global warming. If we do something about it and we didn't really need to, then so what? Less pollution is at the end of the day a good thing in itself (and please don't tell me how there was once more CO2 in the atmosphere. It was too hot for humans then too!) Conversely, if we don't do anything about it and we WERE the cause, what do we say then? Oops, our bad. Sorry there kids. Good luck with that whole inhospitable planet thing. You may want to start working on really big domes to live in.

My bet is we are in the midst of a general temperature increase that we are exacerbating with increased CO2 in the atmosphere. But really that's just my guess. I'm probably wrong. Whatever the case, IMHO, we would be effin crazy not to do anything about it. Simple risk management, ain't it?

i just watched a video on youtube that basically said just that. i'm have more of a tendancy to side with that the human race is not affecting climate change to the degree that the 'scientists' say we are but if it costs a few billion dollars to do something about it, just in case we are the cause, the so be it and perhaps the world will be a little nicer that if we did nothing.

on the other hand if the human race is at fault and we do nothing when we could have... i doubt i'll be around long enough, but then all of our decendants will say, WTF, why wasnt something done when they had the oppertunity to?