Fly Fusion Forums

Smith Optics

Last time I had an issue with Smith glasses (my wife's pair) I was directed by Smith to go to a "Local Retailer" (Abominable) to send them in for me... The manager was less then impressed that Smith did this and was very rude (rightly so as I did not purchase them there and was not there to buy anything)... I guess chat with Smith and see what they suggest...

If you email customer service at smith Canada, they can tell you what to do. I had lenses crack on an older pair and they have a recycle program where if you send in the old pair they give you 50% off on a new pair. I dealt with them directly and not via a dealer. But it sounds like from Uber's comment maybe they no longer deal with customers directly? If yours are still under warranty they will probably replace for free.

Sidebar, but I really don't like the tint on the new pair - chromapop bronze mirror, so I have switched to Maui Jims HT which I love.

Not wanting to cause a stink as to interweb shopping but warranty service would be a good reason to buy local ..... then as a customer you will get better service and may not have to pay shipping charges as they may replace from their own inventory.....just saying from experience regarding such issues... its hard to blame a local shop for their reluctance.... on the other hand by helping out they might gain a customer...... most sunglasses are sold by optical shops now a days although flyshops still sell them not many winter shops carry them anymore surprised to hear A-bomb does other than goggles

• Like 1

Yes I agree unfair to the local retailer, but I bought mine direct though Smith and then they directed me to send them back through a local retailer... Yes unfair, but that is what they wanted!!

I bought my smiths at bow cycle.

Also on the Lens front just picked up a pair of Costa Glasses and have to say that I find the Costa Lenses a step above the Chroma Pop. Still very impressed with the Smith's just not as nice as the Costa.

I was able to pick up a pair at Bass Pro Shops.

Forgive me if this is irrelevant but I had a great experience with Maui Jims recently.. I had a pair of the brown polarized with fancy progressive prescription lenses that I got through my optometrist. I thought they were near perfect ( although way too expensive). Stupidly i stored them carelessly in a golf bag and they got badly scratched up which you would not expect to be under warranty. However I pointed out to them that some of the scratches were caused where the ends of the arms touched the lens when they were folded and suggested to them it was sort of a design flaw, In about two weeks they sent me brand new lenses and frame without any comment.