Fly Fusion Forums

Chinook Lake, Wind Concerns Or Other Trout Lakes

Want to go to a lake tomorrow for a few days, but concerned about wind. Would consider going north instead within same time frame of driving if there is a trout lake and less wind. Also should hopefully be within 1/2 hour drive of a motel as I no longer have a tent or camper. Any input or suggestions welcome.

Does anyone know if beaver mines is ice free? It has been years since last visit. I don't recall, is there a boat launch there?

Day late and a dollar short on my reply... I was out at the lake area yesterday, figuring out some spots for our Scouts to camp this winter. It was 20C in Pincher, and not much cooler at Beaver Mines lake. Thinking we are some time away yet before there is any significant ice, as it is well into November before the forecast for any overnight lows are hitting on the minus side. The lake was covered in coots, and they weren't showing any interest in departing for places warmer and further south... maybe they are waiting to see the outcome of the election ;)

• Like 1

Want to go to a lake tomorrow for a few days, but concerned about wind. Would consider going north instead within same time frame of driving if there is a trout lake and less wind. Also should hopefully be within 1/2 hour drive of a motel as I no longer have a tent or camper. Any input or suggestions welcome.

Hi,

Beaver was still open Saturday and depending on the over night lows, the boat launch may have the ice in it. If the boat launch ice is too thick, pack your boat to the point. The lake was 20% frozen mid-week and completely clear Saturday. Caroline has several motels. The restruants are OK. Fishing is not stellar but there are still some caught each day.

Mitchell was 20% ice today. Cleared by the time I left. Fishing was crappy.

Hopefully weather holds the rest of the week. I'm not done yet.

Don

• Like 1

Hi, Beaver was still open Saturday and depending on the over night lows, the boat launch may have the ice in it. If the boat launch ice is too thick, pack your boat to the point. The lake was 20% frozen mid-week and completely clear Saturday. Caroline has several motels. The restruants are OK. Fishing is not stellar but there are still some caught each day. Mitchell was 20% ice today. Cleared by the time I left. Fishing was crappy. Hopefully weather holds the rest of the week. I'm not done yet. Don

+19C in Lethbridge again today Don. Go (south)west young man :)