Fly Fusion Forums

Flava

I'm irish whiskey'd up here and i wish i could read all of this. Perhaps tomorrow we'll have to meet at denny's and talk about this and whish of ya'll is gonna buy me breakfast. Then we'll go catch mr. 30.

PS: I think me and Mr. bull trout need to fish .

and tiana i love you.

Blah, Blah, Blah, $24k boat, Blah, Blah, $2k this, $2k that, Blah, Blah, everyone sucks, Blah, Blah, I'm awesome, Blah, Blah, Blah.........................

Its amazing how you of all people would tell someone else to deflate his ego. Your posts are all the same;

Someone opinion is garbage, you spent lots of money on something, and your the greatest fly fisher alive. Not once has it been positive, constructive or contain and usable advice besides "buy a boat". Toolman in comparison has given advice so many times he deserves a medal. I guess thats what makes you jealous. Yes, its that obvious.

Someday , I hope to see you on the river and make you realize that your are full of yourself

Thats a mutual desire.

Wow. Fishhead. You are an ass. Did you ever stop to think that good old Bowcrow took people to reliable spots to teach them HOW to fish the bow river without a boat? And now most of 'em could catch just as many fish as anyone WITH a boat. Go take your boat and your attitude and shove it...

as far as Bow river spey. When I got a steep bank behind me, and I can only wade out 5 feet (or not even that) and there are lot's of places like that, the spey can do what a single hander can't. Even when wading I can cover a LOT more water than normal. It's very usefull. Nothing can be bad about covering 50% more water on swinging streamers through deep pools in winter can it? The only thing I can't find it usefull would be for dries. As far as nymphs and streamers, and SHORE fishing becuase not all of us can afford a boat and a jet boat no less, the spey is better than all other single rods as far as covering the whole river, close and far, period.

My first time nymphing a winter hole with a spey, with runners on, I fished a mid river seam and pulled about 15-20 fish from it. Fish I wouldn't have reached with any other rod.... in a run I can't see any other way to have gotten to those fish.... from shore.

How the hell does having a boat make you a BETTER fisherman? In my opnion, it makes you a worse one.... you can drive right up to the fish instead of having to work for them. I should'nt get in an arguement with this guy.... but he's logic is simply stupid. And he obviously is too high on himself to realize the term "niche market".... and teaching REAL people how to fish not the rich...

If you don't have a boat, and you claim to be a guide on the Bow River, you are a joke...

why in hell would you "need" a boat on the Bow..anymore than you would "need" a spey rod...you don't "need" either .. I too have been around buddy and I'll tell you this .. Maxwell is as good of guide as i've seen on the Bow or otherwise, and if you wish to sit here and cut down a 20 year old guy because he does not own a boat (maybe he do, i dunno) .. you sir have some seroius issues to deal with ..

I dunno who you are Fishhead..but I'd imagine your friends (or anybody who will publically admit to being your friend) are few and far inbetween .. and perhaps that's why you stick to yourself on your 100 + days on the Bow ..

He didn't even answer or respond to the queiry about guide licensing.... I sure do miss FFA, at least there were some people who got it, knew ther place and swapped good info...

Why should I respond to something about guide licensing? I don't guide anymore... I've always thought it should happen, everyone knows that. Except you, by your tone. Being a guide isn't about having this and that.... it's about tailoring a trip around someone's needs.. you seem to think a bunch of shiny boats and reels is all you need... maybe we outta worry about licensing allright. make it based around people skills.... weed out people like you I guess...

Let's try to figure out who Fishhead is...I think I know.

Anyhoo.....although I don't really have a desire right now to take up spey casting, I wouldn't completely rule it out as something I wouldn't do one day. I think it's one of those things that's all rolled up into the evolution of a fly fisher. Whether it be a fad or not for the large majority or small minority, it's something that some folks are doing that they are enjoying not only as a new skill but as something that deepens and enhances their abilities as a fly angler. What's wrong with that? It is a sport all about learning after all...and there ain't nothing wrong with learning a new skill be it dry fly fishing, streamer fishing or spey casting. Good on those who try it. And for those who like and it use it, good for them. And for anyone that gets all gassed up over this, I just gotta wonder why.

And my answer to DBT's question would be that it seems to have a bit of a "fad'ish" quality about it right now and it's being talked about and hyped by a lot of folks on this board. You know that people will always flock where there's commotion (kinda explains the long line ups at the Tim Hortons downtown). I figure it will simmer down eventually but those who like it and are keen to continue on (vs living the "fad") will do so and have fun doing it. And that's what it's all about. Good question...too bad things went sideways there for a bit.

I'm am Fishead fan. Anyone that doesn't think there is a tonne of ego here, likely just can't see past their ego. There is also a pile of ignorance, and some intense (scary) people that need a little time away from the fishies. But then again, nobody on here likes me cause I don't have the same opinons as everyone else.

Spey, boat, spin, fly - whatever makes you happy.

I'm am Fishead fan. Anyone that doesn't think there is a tonne of ego here, likely just can't see past their ego. There is also a pile of ignorance, and some intense (scary) people that need a little time away from the fishies. But then again, nobody on here likes me cause I don't have the same opinons as everyone else.

Spey, boat, spin, fly - whatever makes you happy.

Hey Castor,

I'm not gonna get in a bitch war with ya, but I'm gonna beg to differ. I was on FFA for 9 years. And I've been on here for...what....6 months or so. If I had the choice between the two (i.e. if FFA was still around), I'd be here and not there. The ego's aren't here, but they sure were there and there were periods where I stayed away there because I couldn't stand all the testosterone. Only thing I see here are a bunch of guys who are very knowledgeable and skilled and who actually take the time, unselfishly, to share and teach. And that's something that should be, and is, appreciated - and I hope you will. Perception is reality, however, and I realize you won't change your mind about this. Just please don't come on here and turn this into another FFA war. This is a nice place to be as it is.

gentlemen... just as i said to Fishhead, i will re-itterate for the rest of you.

you can have a constructive conversation without bashing each other or someone's personal preference. it's a two-way street.

although fishhead may have prevoked the attacks, there is no particluar need to fuel and fan the fire by counter-attacking or lower ourselves to the same level

poor DBT apologized for starting the thread and that's not fair either.

so in everyone's personal opinion for which they are entitled to... why is spey seemingly so suddenly popular? and i'll add in, why are drift boats so popular?

It certainly is beyond me why Fishead is allowed to be a member on this site. He contributes nothing but venomous personal attacks and jumps at every opportunity to try and start crap. Guess this is ok with some of the folks sailing the ship. Sure as hell is not ok with me and many folks around here.