Fly Fusion Forums

Lots Of Time To Fish

I really haven't fished the Bow much since the flood as I've been playing a lot of golf and my wife won't let me have 2 hobbies at the same time, until maybe now. Seems I am the latest casualty of the oil patch, and am "retiring" at the end of this week. My wife is horrified that I will be home too much and is already threatening reprisals if I hang around the house too much. So, fish, beware. I'm a little rusty, but I'm sure I can figure it all out again. And I see a lot of trips with my trailer come this summer! Every cloud has a silver lining.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear Rick, definitely a nice silver lining though. You can now get out when the rivers are empty and hit the links when us weekend warriors take to the rivers. It seems like these layoffs have moved from the broad "know a buddy of a buddy who got laid off" to impacting virtually every family/close friend circle. My wife was one of the many too and looking for silver linings has helped for us a lot. All the best.

• Like 1