Fly Fusion Forums

Oh Yeah! Mousin'!

Taco

oh okay, I guess it doesn't work. ha. :bow:

Beads don't solve the issue of a triple articulated folding over.

There are much quicker options for bull trout flies, bulls aren't hard to fool, that's why I don't use them

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?showtopic=20473&p=177733

Big change in opinion over a season or two, eh?

I still have boxes of dungeons, I use them regularly, they are one of my go to flys.

There is no change in my opinion I am just choosing to use something else. In all my time of fishing a dungeon nothing has changed.

Typical Bcube, feeling the need to speak but contributing nothing, sad

I agree with both of you. Some massive fish come check out the big bugs, like dungeons or the like, however I think my biggest issue with the double hook with the dungeon (or any large fly), is the number of fish that get foul hooked. I've watched enough of the guides who seem to think this is the greatest technique on the river, and fish after fish is getting nailed in the ass, eyeball or dorsal.

Pulling a 2 foot brown backwards through the water isn't my version of sporting. Too many look like they're pretty well drowned by the time they're landed

Back to Mousin'. I've gotten a few on the doing it out of the drift boat, but pretty site specific. you put a hell of a lot of time in for not a lot of success

I agree with Jay dungeon is great for getting a chase but often the trailing clouser gets the hit. Great fly for fishing a combo.

Perhaps it's because there is a trailer!? you're giving them an option at an easier target. No different than fishing a dry/dropper. More often than not, they're going to take the easier meal.

Beads don't solve the issue of a triple articulated folding over.

There are much quicker options for bull trout flies, bulls aren't hard to fool, that's why I don't use them

I still have boxes of dungeons, I use them regularly, they are one of my go to flys.

There is no change in my opinion I am just choosing to use something else. In all my time of fishing a dungeon nothing has changed.

Typical Bcube, feeling the need to speak but contributing nothing, sad

If you pull the wire tight before tying it down, it does a pretty good job.

Also if you're worried about snagging, just leave one hook. :closedeyes:

• 1 month later...