Fly Fusion Forums

Satellite, Shaw Or Bell, Any Feedback Is Appreciated

No idea about ACN but i've had Bell, Shaw and Telus and Bell has better picture quality on there SD and HD then the other two (IMO). Shaws picture quality is still good and you get away from lengthy contracts. And i would suggest staying away from the satelite...again just my opinion but I hate the look of a dish hanging off the side of my house. Hope this helps

Shaw owns me as well, cable internet and phone. I've always had great service anytime I've had a problem. I run the gateway, impressive product if you can swallow the original investment cost for the hardware. It's much better than when it was first released, I got it the first week it was out in calgary, many bugs to start with.

I have had Bell for a long time now (7 or 8 years) - switched after some particularly poor service from Shaw. It's OK but for some reason AMC and FX were not available on Bell. But just noticed on Friday that AMC is now on Bell but tied into a movie channel package.

I have had a few service interruptions from severe thunder storms but generally no reception issues. Customer service has been about what you expect for a large corporation that is part of an oligopoly.

I have not been paying attention to cost on Bell. I've been on the same package of channels for a few years and I think if I renegotiate I can bring the cost down or at least that was the general impression when I called last Friday but did not have time to go through the process. But that's my bad for just paying the damn monthly charge and not looking into a better price for the channels I want.

I've had Starchoice (Shaw Direct), Shaw, Bell, and Telus over the last 10 years. I don't find one any appreciably better or worse in terms of quality of the TV itself. Currently with Telus Optik, mainly because I have been able to consistently get the best bundling deals from them for the last couple of years. Optik hardware seems to be a little cheaper as well (I always buy hardware vs renting or signing on for long contracts). Bell seems to be the most expensive programming, especially after any initial signup deals run out; was always a no-go in trying to negotiate ongoing deals of any significance with them.

When talking to CSRs, I'd suggest you make it abundantly clear that you are considering all your options for providers. You might have some leverage with your current provider to negotiate a good deal on a package once they know you are moving; I always ask to speak with the retentions dept. right off the hop. Not sure about your neighborhood in Okotoks, but I know here in Lethbridge, Shaw had a thing going with the builders in our subdivision where they were offering pretty awesome package deals for the first 6 months, with no contract to sign. Might want to ask your builder if they know of anything similar.

All that said, dont know anything about ACN.

Edit: just noticed today that London Drugs has the Telus PVRs on sale for $50.

• Like 1